Terry Beckner Jr.
Strong-Side Defensive End
East Saint Louis, IL (East St Louis )
Ht: 6-4 | Wt: 268
CLASS OF 2015

4_926273.jpg

Terry Beckner Jr.
Terry Beckner Jr. - Yahoo! Sports

He’ll soon have over 40 scholarship offers. He’s hoping that USC and LSU will be two of them. He’s already excited about his full rides from Ohio State, Kansas and Missouri, pegging them the early top three. He added he’s still learning about each program and will take his time with the recruiting process.

He's the #2 overall prospect in 2015 for 247. 247 does not show an offer from UT yet.

scouting report

"the 6-foot-3.5 beckner is one of the most explosive defensive line prospects in the 2015 class. Not only did beckner turn in standout testing performance at the may nike nftc in chicago running a laser-timed 4.89 forty and uber-quick 4.36 shuttle at 268 pounds, but is also just as quick on video. Beckner is the modern day versatile defensive lineman that could play in a three man front at end or a four man front at multiple positions as he physically matures with the frame to carry 295-300 pounds in time. Not only does the high school end with double-digit verbal offers possess a quick first step, but also displays a closing burst and finishes plays. Beckner's quickness not only shows up on the first step, but also in reactive situations in which he has to show body quickness and change of direction. Athletic in his stance, beckner looks like an athlete pre-snap, and then also throughout plays with the ability to play with low pad level and leverage -- although that is an area nearly every prospect can continue to improve from a consistency standpoint. Beckner also shows an impressive motor for a young line prospect." – gerry hamilton, national scouting director, 247sports

Tennessee will have a few coaches out on the road Friday including coach Steve Stripling.

The veteran defensive line coach will be seeing 2015 St. Louis defensive end Terry Beckner Jr. out of East St. Louis.

-VQ

This guy, a junior in high school, looks like a full-grown man.

Looks like Terry Tate, office linebacker.

Stripling had better be packing some heat if he is going to East St. Louis. They have some AWESOME gentleman's clubs though.

Reactions: 3 people
Also, look for Strip to likely see Dewayne Hendrix as well as 2015 defensive lineman Terry Beckner Jr., whose family is originally from West Tennessee, much like Hendrix's family.

-VQ

Reactions: 2 people
At 6-foot-4 and 270-pounds, Beckner may be a familiar name to analysts and college coaches, but the recruiting process is still new to him. He lists offers from Florida, Florida State, LSU, Michigan, Nebraska, Ohio State, Tennessee, USC and many others, but he doesn't even seem to be paying that any mind.

"I really haven't even been talking to any schools yet," Beckner told TigerBait.com. "They haven't really been coming at me like that yet. I'm sure I'm going to be talking to some but I haven't really been doing that so far."

"I want to play in the SEC," Beckner said. "That's where the best competition is at so that's where I'd want to play."

Beckner said he does not have any visit plans set but he would like to visit some schools for spring practices or spring games. If he doesn't do that he will start making the rounds over the summer, and he said LSU is a trip he would strongly consider making.

-LSU Rivals

Will be tough to keep away from Mizzou.

And why is that? Havent heard much about them other than he was excited about them because they were one of his first offers. Nobody has CB'd him to Mizzou either. Has family from Tennessee. JW what you know

VN Store

Back