'15 FL CB Tarvarus McFadden

“LSU, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee and South Carolina,” McFadden told 247Sports at his high school last Wednesday morning. “I’ll probably leave the Miami area for college.”

Tennessee - “I met their defensive backs coach Willie Martinez. They have a nice fan base.”

“Next summer I want to get to LSU, Florida, Tennessee, South Carolina and Georgia,” McFadden said

Made his top five schools.

It seems making such early progress on the '14 class has yielded the opportunity to make early progress on the '15 class, too.

Or maybe I'm looking too far into it.

It seems making such early progress on the '14 class has yielded the opportunity to make early progress on the '15 class, too.

Or maybe I'm looking too far into it.

No, you're not looking too far into it. It's true. And it's a big deal for this staff to have generated this kind of turnaround and momentum so quickly. Getting caught up from a recruiting standpoint (building relationships early) usually takes at least a full year to catch up, let alone be so far ahead that you are landing guys for classes two and three years out.

What CBJ and staff have done in eight months is VERY impressive.

Reactions: 1 person
Was it tru johnson that was at montana that was about that height? Pretty rare, but good to have if they're good

Yes it is very rare for a corner to be that tall which makes them extremely valuable and sought after if they can play the position. The taller you get the harder it is to maintain the quickness and change of direction that is necessary for a CB. This guy must be extremely athletic and have great hip flexibility to already be rated so highly as a CB with his size. It would be very nice to get him so we'd have someone who could man up against all of the tall WRs that we play against in the SEC.

Any chance here or just extending the offer as a courtesy gesture for Gibson? Bad news on AJ maybe?

Any chance here or just extending the offer as a courtesy gesture for Gibson? Bad news on AJ maybe?

According to the timeline on 24/7 we offered on 5/20/13. I know those things aren't always entirely accurate but I think he may have had an offer for a while. Or maybe it is now commitable or something like that.

According to the timeline on 24/7 we offered on 5/20/13. I know those things aren't always entirely accurate but I think he may have had an offer for a while. Or maybe it is now commitable or something like that.
An offer may have been discussed, but I don't think it was ever formally given. Either that or the kid was unsure so Butch Jones simply confirmed the offer that was extended back in May. My guess is the former.

An offer may have been discussed, but I don't think it was ever formally given. Either that or the kid was unsure so Butch Jones simply confirmed the offer that was extended back in May. My guess is the former.

Well he's got one now for sure so it's all good.

McFadden is such a stud .. saw him in the state championship game and he really can do it all.

VN Store

Back