4_842688.jpg

Strong-Side Defensive End
McCalla, AL (McAdory)
Ht: 6-6 | Wt: 265 | 40: 4.80
CLASS OF 2014

Cory Thomas

Cory Thomas - Yahoo! Sports

Vols have now offered.

Holds offers from Florida, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Clemson, and hosts of non-BCS level teams. In-state schools have not offered. 247 lists Mississippi State as leaders with Clemson and Memphis rounding out top 3. Not sure how up-to-date that is.

Kid is a heavy Mississippi State lean FWIW. He tweets all of the time with current msu commits and fans.

Also side note, he is from the same HS that produced Bo Jackson.

It's not just his tweets. He has said on record that State is his leader and the Florida offer he got didn't change anything so I'm not seeing how a Tennessee offer will change his mind. He almost committed to us at the spring game but his mother wanted to come with him to campus before he commits and they are coming next month.

It's not just his tweets. He has said on record that State is his leader and the Florida offer he got didn't change anything so I'm not seeing how a Tennessee offer will change his mind. He almost committed to us at the spring game but his mother wanted to come with him to campus before he commits and they are coming next month.

Ugliest campus in the SEC and it's not very close.

Reactions: 1 person
Ugliest campus in the SEC and it's not very close.

^^^ This. It's brutal.

I traveled a lot in my previous job. I've been to every SEC school. Starkville and the MS State campus are borderline depressing. UT/Knoxville isn't the nicest campus but it's better than MS.

Reactions: 1 person

Well then.....that is superb......awesome.....thank you so much for that input.....such a lock to Miss. St. that he hasn't committed yet but he is all Miss. St. because he messages fans and blah, blah, blah.....HEY BUTCH don't send this kid an offer because Al Bundy Bulldog says it is a waste of time man. :eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol:

Reactions: 3 people
Well then.....that is superb......awesome.....thank you so much for that input.....such a lock to Miss. St. that he hasn't committed yet but he is all Miss. St. because he messages fans and blah, blah, blah.....HEY BUTCH don't send this kid an offer because Al Bundy Bulldog says it is a waste of time man. :eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol:

. :salute:

Attachments

• Butch.jpg
    Butch.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 16
Turf management and its one of the best programs in America.

Also weak trolls on our campus. I just gave facts on Thomas.

I wasn't trying to "troll" you. I've just been to all the SEC campuses (other than Mizzou) and yours stands out as being very unfortunate. It seemed pertinent to the discussion of this recruit's mother visiting your garbage campus. Good day, sir.

Update on 247. Summarize please?

Yessir

“I talked to the defensive line coach (Steve Stripling), and I talked to (linebackers) coach (Tommy) Thigpen,” Thomas said. “They were just saying they want to get me up there on the 14th or whatever to see the place. I don’t have to come to camp. I can just come up there and, like, visit and chill out and whatnot, so I’ll be there on the 14th.”

He said Tennessee’s coaches have made it clear to him that they need immediate help on the defensive line.

“They’re supposed to be losing six D-linemen (this year), and they were like, if I come in with the attitude and with some very good work ethic, I’ll have a chance to play,” Thomas said.

He said he likes Tennessee “mostly” because of his relationship with Thigpen.

“He came to watch me practice when he was at Auburn, whenever I came down to camp at Auburn and I was talking to him or whatever,” Thomas said. “When he was at Auburn, he seemed like a cool dude when I talked to him when I went down there.”

Says he likes Miss St because he's been up there and has a good relationship with the coaches, but it sounds like that could change with a visit to UT or an offer from Auburn. I got the impression that he is pretty open with his recruitment.

Reactions: 2 people
Yessir

Says he likes Miss St because he's been up there and has a good relationship with the coaches, but it sounds like that could change with a visit to UT or an offer from Auburn. I got the impression that he is pretty open with his recruitment.

Ya I hope we get this guy. I think he could provide immediate help on the defensive line, which we will need after all these seniors leave. I really like Barnett and Ford, but I am very worried they will be swayed by tOSU. I hope they aren't but, we'll have to wait and see.

“I just looked around and sat down and talked to the coaches (Monday),” said Thomas, who claims a dozen scholarship offers to date, including one from Tennessee.

“I mean, I’ve got to be honest: I like the place. That’s why I’m so anxious to get my mom back up there.”

While Thomas said he “knew coming into it that they had nice facilities” at Tennessee, he still was impressed Monday when he stepped inside Neyland Stadium for the first time.

“The most impressive part, I think, has got to be the stadium,” he said. “I absolutely liked (the facilities). When I first walked in, when I saw that indoor facility, I was like, wow. There wasn’t no other way to put it. I liked it.

“They were just telling me they could use me my freshman year in college,” Thomas said. “My senior year in high school, they were (saying) they’ll be losing six D-linemen, so they’re saying that I can come in and play as a freshman — if not compete for a starting job.”

Although Thomas went into Monday’s visits with Mississippi State at the top of his list, followed by Miami and Tennessee, he said he came away with an even higher opinion of the Vols.

When he returns to Tennessee on Friday, he said, he plans to learn more about the Vols’ academic programs.

“That’s one thing I didn’t get to check out (Monday),” Thomas said. “But mainly I’m just trying to get my mom there so she can see the place.”

He'll be back on Friday. He visited with fellow DT Braxton Hoyett.

Next commit?

Adding Thomas and Ford would be a pretty good weekend.

I am curious if the Hoyett(DT) who visited with Thomas comes into play at all. I noticed BOTH had offers from miss st. Would we have to take Hoyett to get Thomas? I don't think we would do that. JMO

VN Store

Back