'15 FL TE Devonaire Clarington

Clarington is VERY good... Top 20 kid in Fla in 2015 for me, maybe a tad higher... Long arms, catches the ball well, athletic, and HUGE upside.
One of South Florida’s most talented and gifted athletes is a sophomore. Tight end Devonaire Clarington of Miami (Fla.) Southridge has already picked up offers from programs like Alabama, Florida, Florida State, Illinois Miami, Michigan, and Tennessee

Scout

One name to watch is Miami, Fla., native Devonaire Clarinton. The 6-foot-5, 220-pounder is one heck on an athlete that isn't just a blocking tight end. In fact, Tennessee wide receivers coach Zach Azzanni has even talked to the big man about playing wideout for the Vols, which is a big-time draw for the Miami Southridge (Fla.) High School product.

-scout

Reactions: 2 people
One name to watch is Miami, Fla., native Devonaire Clarinton. The 6-foot-5, 220-pounder is one heck on an athlete that isn't just a blocking tight end. In fact, Tennessee wide receivers coach Zach Azzanni has even talked to the big man about playing wideout for the Vols, which is a big-time draw for the Miami Southridge (Fla.) High School product.

-scout

would be epic

“Coach Azzanni came to my school and offered me there,” he said. “My recruitment with Tennessee is just pretty new right now. I definitely want to take a trip there to see everything and get to know the offense. I think they are going to recruit me at receiver right now.”

“I want to play receiver in college if I have my choice, but I can do both,” he said. “I can block like a tight end, but I have the hands of a wide receiver. I can really do both, but I like to catch the ball in space.

“Right now I just want to improve on catching the ball and running in space. I am running the short routes well, but I want to work on the longer routes. My hands are there I just need to work on my speed.”

“When I am looking at schools I want to look at the class that I am coming in with,” he said. “I want to have a good class around me. Right now I want to chance to play early so my dad and I are talking about me graduating early to get a head start during the summer.”

-scout

Reactions: 1 person
Is on campus right now.

Devonaire Clarington ‏@dev_go_deep
Tennessee where you at ??? #Vols #VolNation #GoVols

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-06-13 at 10.33.58 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-06-13 at 10.33.58 AM.png
    384.5 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: 5 people
Had 46 receptions for 890 yards (19.4 avg) & 13 TDs last year. Also racked up 76 tackles, including 20 TFL & 5 sacks, as a DE.

"This was my first time coming to Tennessee and I didn't know I was coming to Tennessee until yesterday," Clarington said. "Everything was great. It was more than I expected. And, they're about to build a dorm for freshmen right next to the facilities, that's great."

"It was how many first rounders they have, the fans, they told me how it's a college town and the fans are really into it," said Clarington when asked what stood out about his trip. "And, how there's 100,000-something at a game. Miami doesn't have that. They don't have that, they probably have about 40,000 or something. I'm not trying to put them down or anything, and they produce tight ends, but I'm about seeing this season right now.

"It was a great vibe. Everything went well," Clarington said. "I didn't feel like I didn't belong here. I felt like I fit it." After camp, Clarington sat down with head coach Buch Jones and the Vols' head man told Clarington he could see him being a future star for the Vols. "That conversation went well. He told me he wants me to come in and win the Heisman," Clarington said laughing. "He wants me to be the man in his offense."

-VQ

Reactions: 6 people
It's sad how these kids these days don't know about our rich football history and success as a program until they get on campus. Butch is doing a great job of getting the elite talent on campus, and selling the great product that is Tennessee Football.

Reactions: 1 person
Butch laying that peanut butter on super thick! Come here and win the Heisman to a TE? Love it!

Apparently he didn't like his UGA visit, and his 1st official visit will be to us for the Bama game. Interesting with Oliver now committed

Looks like he missed his chance. Can't hold out on Tennessee any more boys, better commit when you get the chance. Before you know it BOOM! Your spot is gone! Butch get it.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back