Benedictine

Ht:6'1"
Wt:202 lbs
40:4.54 secs
Shuttle:4.09

Jerome Baker - Yahoo! Sports

Jerome Baker

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIjDcRwfNgY[/youtube]

Holds Vol offer. Offers from Florida, Ohio State, Penn State, Louisville, and mid-level BCS conference teams.

Last edited:
1. From the moment the camp started with agility drills, eyes gravitated towards Cleveland (Ohio) Benedictine Top50 athlete Jerome Baker. The blue-chip 2015 prospect already holding a Buckeyes offer is a superb athlete with outstanding footwork. Come 1-on-1s, he was a nightmare for linebackers to cover, numerous times beating them downfield. In space, his stop, start movements and burst made it difficult for defenders to even get a finger on him. Also holding early offers from the likes of Florida, Georgia Tech, Iowa, Louisville, Michigan State, Nebraska, Penn State and Tennessee, Baker has the skill set to play linebacker on the next level as well.

Rated as the #1 performer at tOSU's FNL camp by Steve Wiltfong.

...Scout...
Benedictine (Ohio) junior Jerome Baker continues to add offers to his list. The junior has well over one dozen offers.

Baker’s offers range from eight in the Big Ten (Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Penn State), three in the SEC (Arkansas, Florida, Tennessee), and Georgia Tech out of the ACC. Recently, Baker has been hearing more and more from another school down south.

“Alabama stopped by my school a couple of weeks ago,” said Baker.

Baker played running back and linebacker this season and says that he likes both positions equally.

“Most schools are saying that I can play either. Some, like Ohio State, want me at both positions,” said Baker.

With his high school season over, the junior is hoping to get on the road and take some visits.

So far I've visited Ohio State, Penn State and Illinois. Hopefully over the break I'll be able to visit some schools," said Baker.

When it comes to his recruitment, he’s in no hurry to make his decision.

“I’m going to narrow down my list this offseason and will probably commit after my senior season,” said Baker.

While the junior still has awhile before he plans on making his commitment, he does know what he’s looking for in a school.

“There are three factors I’m looking at: Academics, the tradition and the atmosphere,” said Baker.

As for his junior season, he feels like he made strides in improving his game.

“We lost in the regional finals, but overall it was a good season. I worked on my footwork a lot. A few of my teammates pick on me telling me my footwork wasn’t good, so I worked on that during the offseason and it paid off,” said Baker.

"Tennessee- that's probably the biggest one [I want to visit]," Baker said. "I've only heard good things about Tennessee and the atmosphere there. I definitely want to get there and see how it is." - Rivals, 1/10/2014

Definitely a name to keep an eye on! Big news.

Reactions: 2 people
-588331acbe3cfebc.jpg

There aren’t enough adjectives to describe Baker’s talent level, he is a straight up monster. This is a player that continues to get bigger, stronger and faster every time we see him at events or on film.

...This is a player that can line up at any position and make an impact, a quality the Benedictine coaches have done a great job taking advantage of. Baker can take a snap as the wildcat QB on offense and outrun everyone or just use his brute strength and power for the tough between-the-tackle yards. On defense, he can cover anyone in man coverage or just line up and get to the quarterback with a variety of moves.

Football: Scouting 2015

Baker averaged 8 ypc while rushing for 1,545 yards and 26 TDs this year, and he finished w/ 120+ tackles with 3 INTs.

Get this kid on campus for the O/W game and fill him up on the peanut butter. Dang, 2015 class has the potential to be downright nasty!!
:rock:

"They are definitely a school to consider," Baker said. "Coach Elder always tells me he can talk all about Tennessee, but there's nothing like going down there and seeing it and that's one of my goals, to get down there and actually see it and see how it is. I'm excited about it."

"I know it has a great tradition," Baker said. "My coach always tells me if a school shows interest in you to show interest back and learn more about the university so I'm learning more and I've learned they have great tradition."

"Pretty much every school wants me to play linebacker but they say I can play running back as well," Baker offered. "Where I'm leaning towards is linebacker. Linebacker is probably what I'll play."

"It has always been three things for me, academics, tradition and atmosphere," Baker said. "Those are the three things I look for in every university."

-VQ

Baker hopes to make it to UT, Michigan, Michigan St, and UF this spring.

“Coach (Mark) Elder is very passionate about Tennessee. He always tells me about the fans. I watch the videos he sends me. Tennessee is fired up and moving in the right direction. I’d like to get down there myself and see if it’s true.”-247 Sports

Rivals100 ATH visiting in two weekends

Just got word tonight from Cleveland (Ohio) Benedictine ATH Jerome Baker that he will be visiting Tennessee Easter weekend, April 18, as part of a three-school SEC tour that also includes stops at Florida and Georgia. Baker is the No. 28 overall prospect in the country and could project to either linebacker or running back in college. He prefers linebacker and that's where I feel he has the slightly higher upside, but there are schools, like Ohio State, that project him to running back.

-Josh Helmholdt, Rivals

Reactions: 3 people
Gosh, landing this kid, PLUS Cecil Cherry, PLUS what's already on board in Dates, Bryant, Johnson, and the others? Ridiculous.

VN Store

Back