'15 CA DE Keisean Lucier-South

From ESPN, glad we were in early on this kid, sounds like a great talent.

It began this past December, when the sophomore made contact with his first college coach. But rather than the usual feeling-out process recruits and coaches go through, Lucier-South was thrust immediately into the ranks of the early offered. That first offer came from Boise State.

Colorado, Miami (Fla.), Oregon, Oregon State, Tennessee, Texas, UCLA and Washington followed suit, making him one of the most highly recruited players, regardless of position, in the 2015 class.

"It's like a video game, playing on college career mode," Lucier-South said. "It's insane."

Programs such as Alabama and USC have also made contact, telling Lucier-South that they will continue to be in contact. At this point, however, the big defensive end is content to celebrate what he has already achieved.

"I thought I might be able to get offers from some smaller schools, but when the Pac-12 came in, I said, 'This is going to be sick,'" Lucier-South said. "When Tennessee came in, I said, 'No way.' SEC schools only get kids from the South, so when they said they wanted me, that was pretty cool."

Lucier-South said all of his offers have come as an outside linebacker in a 3-4 defense, but Orange Lutheran head coach Chuck Petersen said college coaches have spoken to him about his standout sophomore playing linebacker, defensive end, wide receiver or tight end going forward. That doesn't come as a surprise to Petersen, who has been impressed by Lucier-South since taking over the program a little more than one year ago.

This is a VolNation dream come true, look at all those positions we could project him at!!

Reactions: 4 people

Dude never sleeps.

god.gif

Tennessee also checked on top-100 defensive end Keisean Lucier-South of Orange, Calif., who picked up an offer from the Vols in May.

Bajakian visited Lucier-South while in Cali this past week.

"They were my first SEC offer and that was a real honor," Lucier-South offered. "Then, after that I was talking to coach Knight and coach Strip and then three weeks ago I talked to Butch Jones for the first time."

Talking to Jones was a milestone for Lucier-South as it was the first SEC head coach he talked to. "I was really in shock, I was really nervous," Lucier-South said. "I have talked to other head coaches but to talk to an SEC coach is really a big honor. And coach Jones, he's a really nice guy and I really like him."

"I just know they have one of the biggest stadiums in the country," Lucier-South said. "I know Peyton Manning and some other top players went there and I know it's in the SEC and that's the toughest conference." "I went to a UCLA game this year and that was the first college game I had ever been to. I really liked it," Lucier-South said. "I really want to see Tennessee because I've heard it's insane there."

"Probably after basketball season I'll take some visits and then again in the summer time I plan on doing a lot of camps," Lucier-South said. "Then, my decision, I'm going to take my time and I'm not going to rush it. I don't want to commit and then decommit and all of that. I want to take my time, see what the right place is for me and then commit on signing day."

- VQ

Reactions: 3 people
"I have talked to other head coaches but to talk to an SEC coach is really a big honor".

The rest of the nation can just keep on hatin' when a kid from the west coast says this.

Reactions: 2 people
“I like Tennessee because the coaching staff is great, and I have a great relationship,” Lucier-South told InsideTennessee. “Also, I think Tennessee can build something big.”

-scout

Reactions: 1 person
Kahlil McKenzie ‏@KM1_Era 11m
I like the thought of @KLSouth16 in orange #CaliToTN

Keisean South1⃣6⃣ ‏@KLSouth16 9m
@KM1_Era ayeeee I can see that

Reactions: 4 people
Kahlil McKenzie ‏@KM1_Era 11m
I like the thought of @KLSouth16 in orange #CaliToTN

Keisean South1⃣6⃣ ‏@KLSouth16 9m
@KM1_Era ayeeee I can see that

Would be epic to pick up a 5* DE to go along with McKenzie and Tuttle.

KMac doing work... but seems he was really interested long before... this would be a big surprise and big pickup...

VN Store

Back