'15 CA QB Josh Rosen

Does he throw beer bottles for fun and drive crazy on a wave runner? Those would be my first two questions IMO

Does he throw beer bottles for fun and drive crazy on a wave runner? Those would be my first two questions IMO

1st question to any QB going forward IMO should be, "Are you willing to throw anything except the 40 yard fade into triple coverage"?

If the kid answers yes, TAKE.

Are we ever going to let the Tyler Bray stuff die?....I hope not....CAUSE IT'S AWESOME!!!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 2 people
Tennessee was one of the many programs to stop by Bellflower (Calif.) St. John Bosco's Wednesday workout and by that night Rosen had his newest offer from the Volunteers.

"The coach was at our practice," Rosen said. "Six or seven schools were at our practice and I threw, I talked to him for a little bit.

"He said to give him a call so my coach texted me his number and I called him when I got home. I had a conversation with him and he wanted to know about me and my family and my grades and then he offered me."

Tennessee joins Oregon State and Fresno State on the offer list for Rosen, who is bound to pick up more offers possibly this off-season or when his junior campaign starts in a few months.

The 6-foot-4, 205-pound prospect who is the quarterback of the Snoop 7on7 team said he's highly interested in learning more about Tennessee and is definitely intrigued by the program.

"It's good in the sense that these coaches get to see me in action," Rosen said. "They don't just get to watch film. It's really just so they can validate what they see on film and they like the throwing motion and like you as a person. It's reassuring.

"They're actually a fairly good academic school in the SEC. it's an awesome school with sick, new facilities and just the offense they run and what they stand for as a program they've done really well in years prior. I'll definitely consider it."
-Rivals.com.

Reactions: 1 person
I mean, are we sure we are ready for another Cali QB at this point?

Bray is the only one that has been any kind of trouble and havent had one since Casey and Rick. Casey was a great QB for us and had ice in his veins. Rick was a smart guy he just didnt have the size and arm to be a great QB. But both were intelligent guys and would gladly take the Casey years again.

I will take Cali QB's all day long. Cali has an abundance of programs that actually teach passing.

“I got an offer from*Tennessee,” Rosen said. “They came to my school Wednesday and I definitely have interest in them. It’s a big offer and I’m excited to learn more about their program.*"

-scout

Barton Simmons, 247.com, breakdown of Rosen and other 2015 QBs at the Cali Elite 11.

1b. Josh Rosen, Bellflower (Calif.) St. John Bosco – Get used to seeing Rosen and Ricky Town (rated 1a in his ranking) together at the top of quarterback lists. It should be a battle over the next two years with both quarterbacks displaying elite ability. Rosen just shows incredible precision, with each throw looking like the last and the last one was always a good one.

Rosen has been rated a 98 by 247, which would make him a 5* when they put out the 2015 rankings.

Thanks Ron...I was on this thread...this bump's for you...he's kicking it at 5*!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

From the camp today;

"Update from Rob Cassidy: In QB warmups, Josh Rosen (backup QB) throws the best ball. Outside of him, Kyle Allen has the prettiest release."

"As for QBs, sophomore Josh Rosen is really giving the seniors a run for their money. The ball just jumps off his hand."

"(2015 backup) Josh Rosen is doing very well, and might even be the best QB out here."

"2015 (backup) QB Josh Rosen has made a case for the top 3 - if not the #1 - in the quarterback group this camp"

“Akron, Fresno State, Michigan, UCLA, Duke, Vanderbilt, Oregon State, Virginia, Tennessee and Utah have all offered,” Rosen mentioned. “Notre Dame, Stanford, Cal, Alabama and LSU are the five schools that I still want an offer from. They haven’t offered yet, but I’ve heard from all of them.”

ND has picked-up interest:
Head coach Brian Kelly seems like a great coach and he’s clearly a great person,” Rosen discussed. “It’s an impressive program and there is so much integrity surround the program and the school. The fact that they suspended their star quarterback due to academic misjudgment is really impressive to me. While it hurts to lose your quarterback, you have to do the right thing and they definitely did that. That really, really made me look at them even more.”

On a decision:
“My parents will have a lot of influence on my decision and what they think matters,” he said. “If they don’t like a school, I won’t go there. It’s that simple. I know they want the best for me and I value their opinion, so I need their stamp of approval in the end. I know that academics will be a major factor for them and it is with me too. I also want to be in a town that’s suitable for students that aren’t just football players.”

Rivals.com Football Recruiting - 2015 First Five-Stars: Josh Rosen

Attributes: 6-foot-4, 205 pounds

Top Schools: California, Duke, Michigan, Oregon State, Stanford, Tennessee, UCLA, USC, Utah, Vanderbilt, Virginia

Scouting Report: Rosen has all the tools to be a special quarterback not only in college but beyond. He makes throws even at this early stage that others just cannot make. He has an incredibly strong arm, but he's also accurate. He's smart, too. Rosen understands complex schemes. He ran the St. John Bosco offense with precision as a sophomore, and he carried that over to this offseason and impressed at numerous events, including the Rivals100 Five-Star Challenge presented by Under Armour in Chicago. Rosen has the potential to be a special player, one of those quarterbacks who could have a very successful and lucrative career in the years to come.
Analyst's Take: "Spend some time around Rosen and it's clear that he has the intelligence of a college quarterback right now. He grasps concepts so easily and is so comfortable running the offense that it's almost seamless for him. Rosen has this academic side to him, as well, where he studies the position and the game and he can "chalk talk" with the best of coaches. He plays with an air of confidence that he can get anything done -- and he usually does. He has outstanding mechanics, outstanding control, and he's just a phenomenal quarterback in every aspect." -- Adam Gorney, West recruiting analyst, Rivals.com

Why He's a Five-Star: "Rosen is a confident kid, bordering on cockiness, and he thinks he can accomplish anything and usually does. With quarterbacks with such confidence, there is a high potential bust factor, but there is also unlimited potential. Physically, he has all the tools -- the size, arm, footwork, ability to improvise and work out of the pocket and mechanics -- and mentally he is probably as advanced as any quarterback since Jimmy Clausen out of high school. There are safer bets at quarterback in this class, guys we know will have solid careers or better, but there is no one who has the same potential to be an elite star at the next level and beyond as Rosen. If he can harness all that ability and mental acuity and continue to develop, watch out." -- Mike Farrell, national recruiting analyst, Rivals.com

His Coach Says: "Josh is one of the most technically sound quarterbacks that I've ever worked with. His intelligence in the classroom as well as on the football field is unmatched. He's got a live arm, he's extremely strong, and he's dedicated in the weight room. He's the complete package. He's definitely one of the top quarterbacks in the country." -- Jason Negro, head football coach, St. John Bosco HS

Odds and Ends: Rosen finished with 2,802 passing yards with 22 touchdowns and eight interceptions in his sophomore season, and he led his team a nearly undefeated season. ... Bosco lost in the state semifinal round to Long Beach Poly but prior to that was unbeaten on the field. ... Rosen's team had to forfeit its first four games but was still considered one of the best teams in California. ... Many preseason lists, including Rivals.com, have St. John Bosco among the top squads in the country, and it features at least eight Division I prospects. ... Rosen was arguably the top quarterback on Day 1 at the Rivals100 Five-Star Challenge in Chicago this summer.

This is the kid I've hoped for more than any other QB in 2015. I think the staff has Stidham as #1.

VN Store

Back