Ht:6'2"
Wt:227 lbs
GPA:4.3
Class:2015 (High School)

Joshua McMillon - Yahoo! Sports

Joshua McMillon

Joshua McMillon - Highlight Videos, Schedule & Roster - Hudl

"Another 2015 name to remember...

Linebacker Joshua McMillon. 6-3, 220 and carries a 4.3 GPA. Already has 10 offers, including Tennessee. More on him later."

- Fortenberry

Last edited:
Damnit. Got Swansoned. Mods, merge my thread por favor

I see you out here eatin' Ron

post-19692-Best-Part-of-the-Internet-Boun-BWG5.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
OK, I'll probably get hammered for this but here goes. If I was a really smart kid making all A's, I'd have a really hard time turning down an offer from Stanford to play in-state instead (they haven't offered him yet but they will - how many FB players out there are this smart?). Keep in mind, I was a letterman for the Vols and my blood runs deep orange, but how does someone turn down one of the top 5 universities in the world, where they also have a great program, and it's in such a beautiful place?

Harvard would be great but they don't have real FB. Vandy would be a good education, but again, they don't have real FB. Anyway, fire away...

OK, I'll probably get hammered for this but here goes. If I was a really smart kid making all A's, I'd have a really hard time turning down an offer from Stanford to play in-state instead (they haven't offered him yet but they will - how many FB players out there are this smart?). Keep in mind, I was a letterman for the Vols and my blood runs deep orange, but how does someone turn down one of the top 5 universities in the world, where they also have a great program, and it's in such a beautiful place?

Harvard would be great but they don't have real FB. Vandy would be a good education, but again, they don't have real FB. Anyway, fire away...
Multiple reasons:
1. It is hard to get in to. There is no guarantee that once you "commit" to play there you get admitted right away. This is one the few schools like this in major CFB. Say you commit and you don't get in, your recruitment has slowed down a LOT. Still probably have other options, but maybe now you're #2 choice doesn't want you anymore.

2. The rigor of taking full-time classes at Stanford AND playing football.

3. For a guy from TN, that's a long way. I know you didn't specifically mean just Josh, but its a long drive/flight if you're from the southeast/northeast.

4. A lot of HS athletes don't really care about academics AS MUCH as they do getting into the NFL. One rookie deal even as a 7th round pick is worth close to 4m dollars (for 4 years). Obviously if you get a higher round pick or stay in the league a while you can earn more $.

That's about all I have on the subject. Also lol at you mentioning Vandy at the end (even though you correctly stated their FB is irrelevant).

If his ambitions are to make it to the NFL, then the Tennessee football program probably gets just as much consideration for it's NFL success than Stanford does for it's academic reputation.

Is it just me or does the OP's picture of McMillon look different than the yahoo profile picture?

The pics are definitely different. Does anyone know which pic is actually Joshua? I'll fix the OP.

Will the real McMillon please stand up

The picture currently on Rivals in correct; Google confirmed

VN Store

Back