'15 TN ATH Jauan Jennings (UT commit 4/7/14)

VolinArizona

not in Arizona anymore
4_919602.jpg

Athlete
Murfreesboro, TN (Blackman)
Ht: 6-4 | Wt: 185
CLASS OF 2015

Jauan Jennings

Name to watch next year. Early offers from Duke and Vanderbilt.

From 247's coverage of the Tennessee Exposure Camp:

- 2015 standout Jauan Jennings out of Blackman High School already holds offers from Vanderbilt and Duke and many programs see the 6-4, 185-pounder as a safety on the next level but Jennings worked out at quarterback and was one of the most effective arms in attendance.

Reactions: 1 person
Tennessee has offered, making that the 11th in-state offer for the Vols in the class of 2015.

With all these in-state guys we should really be able to pick and choose which out of state guys we go after.

Hey I go to high school with Jauan and I actually play on the football team with him. Coach Martinez and some coach from
Vanderbilt were both at practice today. He plays QB and S but he wants to play QB in college. He also plays basketball and can absolutely throw down. He is extremely athletic. Our head coach is Rod Wilks high school coach so we have connections to Tennessee. We also have connections to Ole Miss cause that's where our running back I'Tavius Mathers went last year. It is a LONG way until his signing day so anything can happen

Reactions: 1 person
Hey I go to high school with Jauan and I actually play on the football team with him. Coach Martinez and some coach from
Vanderbilt were both at practice today. He plays QB and S but he wants to play QB in college. He also plays basketball and can absolutely throw down. He is extremely athletic. Our head coach is Rod Wilks high school coach so we have connections to Tennessee. We also have connections to Ole Miss cause that's where our running back I'Tavius Mathers went last year. It is a LONG way until his signing day so anything can happen

This may not be a good thing. From what I remember, Shadowens wasn't very pleased with the way Rod Wilks was shuffled around from position to position in Knoxville. But, all things are possible with Butch so who knows.

This may not be a good thing. From what I remember, Shadowens wasn't very pleased with the way Rod Wilks was shuffled around from position to position in Knoxville. But, all things are possible with Butch so who knows.

And those coaches are not coaching anymore. Shad will not do anything to discourage one of his players from playing at UT. But he won't push him to UT either.

Watched Jauan tonight scrimmage against Wilson Central and he looked very good at quarterback and safety. He definitely legit.

Going to have to give us more than that. How good is he? Where does he play in HS? Where is he projected to play in college?

He is VERY long and athletic. He wants to play QB in college or that's what he told Rod when we were working with him one time. I think he will be recruited as a S in college, but Azzani and a Vandy coach both had him throw for him. He really didnt play much QB last year as a sophomore because we had a senior. But he did start at corner last year as a sophomore, but we have moved him to S. I posted a video a few post up of his basketball highlights. Shows his athleticism

Edit: The Rod I was talkin about is Rod Wilks. We have the same head coach that he had. Just different schools

Last edited:
He is VERY long and athletic. He wants to play QB in college or that's what he told Rod when we were working with him one time. I think he will be recruited as a S in college, but Azzani and a Vandy coach both had him throw for him. He really didnt play much QB last year as a sophomore because we had a senior. But he did start at corner last year as a sophomore, but we have moved him to S. I posted a video a few post up of his basketball highlights. Shows his athleticism

Thanks for the info.

:salute:

VN Store

Back