4_691854.jpg

Strong-Side Defensive End
Detroit, MI (Cass Technical)
Ht: 6-4 | Wt: 260
CLASS OF 2015

Joshua Alabi

Joshua Alabi - Yahoo! Sports

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjrfUDAVfGU[/youtube]

Vols offered yesterday. Offers from Michigan, Michigan St, Ohio State, Nebraska, and others.

Last edited:
“Technically, I really don’t like down south schools,” Alabi said. “I like Alabama. I likeTennessee. The contact (with Alabama) is really not that big. I’m really trying to stay up north.”

On visiting UT this weekend:

“I could consider Tennessee,” Alabi said. “I just want to talk with the coaches. My coach said to talk with the coaches and stuff like that.”

-scout

“Tennessee one,*Ohio State*two,*Michigan*three,*Michigan State, then*Wisconsin,” he said when questioned about the schools he likes best.

Asked what propelled the Vols into first place, Alabi replied: “This visit. I like the environment, the atmosphere, the coaching staff. I like everything I saw.”

It don’t really matter to me,” he said. “I can always go back home … eight hours by car.”

“I didn’t do the camp (participate in drill work) but I’ve been talking to Coach Strip, getting a relationship with him,” Alabi said. “He wants to make sure I get back down here.”

“It was real nice,” he said. “I had a good time. The weight room is sweet.”

“I really don’t know much about it,” he said. “They (coaches) said they have a good program with good tradition. If I was to go here, I’m pretty sure I’d have a good time.”

-scout

Reactions: 4 people
Cass Tech has keen a feeder school for Michigan the last decade. If we can get this kid, I'll be very impressed.

Cass Tech has keen a feeder school for Michigan the last decade. If we can get this kid, I'll be very impressed.

Have to like the fact he has taken at least (5) UOVs to Michigan and 1 trip to Knoxville has us in the lead. Long way to go and we are in on several good DEs early for the 2015 class. This kid could possibly grow into a DT as well.

Have to like the fact he has taken at least (5) UOVs to Michigan and 1 trip to Knoxville has us in the lead. Long way to go and we are in on several good DEs early for the 2015 class. This kid could possibly grow into a DT as well.
This is the kind if guy that I see playing DT in college. He will be much like Jason Carr last year and Barnett this year

"This has been my best visit," Alabi said. "I would say the atmosphere and the people and the coaching staff and the campus are what I like. They all seem pretty cool and I can relate my coaches to them."

Alabi has gotten to know Tennessee defensive line coach Steve Stripling recently and said the Vols are showing strong interest and because of that he's very interested in them.

"If they show interest in me you've got to show it back. He's a cool guy and he's easy to talk to and you can tell him a lot of stuff," he said.

"I just want to take my time and see how everything works out and if Tennessee is the place for me it's the place for me," Alabi added.

-VQ

Reactions: 2 people
“I didn’t do the camp, but I’ve been talking to Coach Strip — you know, talking to him, getting a relationship with him, and making sure I get back down here again,” he said. “I liked the environment, the atmosphere, the coaching staff. I liked everything that I saw. It was great.

“I would say it was (a different attitude) here.”

“I just really liked it,” he said. “I really liked the atmosphere. I had a great time on my visit. I met a lot of people, and talked to all the coaches. It was a really nice time.

“The distance doesn’t matter to me. I can always go back home when I need to. It’s just eight hours.”

“I’m just taking it as it goes,” he said. “I’m gonna have fun with it, but I could commit early. I don’t know yet.”

Said he's visited Michigan, Michigan State, and tOSU already this summer. He visited ND as a freshman in HS.

VN Store

Back