not in Arizona anymore
4_905813.jpg

Wide Receiver
Stone Mountain, GA (Stephenson)
Ht: 6-2 | Wt: 195
CLASS OF 2015

Dexter Neal

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5iESyS_1BI[/youtube]

Vols offered. Also offered by South Carolina, Vanderbilt, Virginia Tech, North Carolina, and others.

Last edited:
Goes to my kids high school and plays on the baseball team with my son. Great athlete! he really likes Tennessee!

Goes to my kids high school and plays on the baseball team with my son. Great athlete! he really likes Tennessee!

You know your assignment then? Try to avoid stalking charges! :). Seriously though hopefully you can get some updates as time goes on.

Neal has been committed to USCjr since May.

"I'd say I'm 80-85 percent committed but not solid yet," Neal said recently. "When I pulled the trigger it just felt like it was the right place for me. Now that I'm seeing more schools I'm having an idea of opening back up to more school so I'm not solid yet."

Among the schools showing new interest are Clemson, Tennessee, Florida State, Georgia, West Virginia and Virginia Tech. When asked to pick one from that group, Neal pointed to the Vols.

"Tennessee stands out to me," he said. "When I went on a visit there I really liked the campus. The coaching staff was cool. All the players were cool. They're like the type of group that you can associate with. I like the academic side too. That's what stood out to me too."

"I'm going to take some visits to South Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, Clemson and Florida State," he said. "I'm going to go down to Alabama, I'm trying to get to West Virginia, too, but it's just far.

-Rivals

"It's about 75-80 percent," Neal said about his commitment to the Gamecocks. "I'm kind of opening it back up because I want to take other visits and still talk with other coaches." Georgia, Tennessee, Clemson, Vanderbilt, and Florida were the schools mentioned by Neal when asked who he was still considering.

"They haven't offered yet but I think they are close," Neal said about Georgia. "The coach wants me to set up a day where I can go chill with the coaching staff. I do think they are close to offering. I think when I go up there they will offer me."

Another school Neal plans on visiting soon is Tennessee. He said that he will either visit Tennessee this coming weekend or the next weekend. "I went up there for a visit and I liked the community and all of the coaches," Neal said about the Vols. "I like the coaches and the players. The coaches are real laid back. There was just something about Tennessee that made me want to put them in my top five."

"I would say its South Carolina, Georgia, and Tennessee," Neal said. "They are all in a race right now and it is close between all three."

-South Carolina Rivals

CMR and Pruitt trying to get Dawgs back into SHS. Too much talent there each yr for Ga to get none.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Would be shocked if Neal doesn't flip in the next month or two. Not that it will mean much - the new team will just be his new current top school. Should've just named South Carolina his current favorite back during the summer instead of 'committing' so ridiculously early.

Last edited:
Jumped into the Rivals 250 at #230. I believe he was a 4star before but not in the 250.

Williams, Neal, Rahming, and the kid committed from LC? That's another sick WR class.

4 more CB predictions to UT after Shurburtt. Shannon Terry, Barton Simmons, Demetric Warren and Dan Cotton.

Reactions: 1 person
It seems he might flip soon huh? Definitely need to catch film on this cat

SO film I saw was decent. Kid is not a blazer speed wise, but will go up and get the ball. Strong with the ball in his hands and does not shy away from contact. I'd call him a possession receiver.

Film is alright but I like the film of some others a little better. Not sure how many WRs we plan on takin this cycle.

Is WR a real need for 2015? I wouldn't pass on a highly ranked WR but is this guy worth a scholarship? I am not knocking this guy, just don't know anything about him.

Is WR a real need for 2015? I wouldn't pass on a highly ranked WR but is this guy worth a scholarship? I am not knocking this guy, just don't know anything about him.

We will take 3-4 WR at least with our offense... I never understood people saying only 2

We will take 3-4 WR at least with our offense... I never understood people saying only 2

I agree. 2 guys that can work the outside and a slot guy every year is probably what the staff is aiming for.

I don't think it's a high priority for 2015, but you still take a couple to keep the kids spaced out roster wise. A kid like Williams you take all day if you have room. If Woods is a WR, would not bother me a bit to see just the 2 WRs in this class. Much smaller class, and other positions are more important IMO. If 10 or so current Vols decide to leave, then you consider taking more than 2 WRs.

3 more CB predictions to UT, 8 in total today. I sure hope this kid calls Butch and gets the green light before he commits on twitter. If we're only taking 3-4 WR's and have 2 already committed I'm wondering if he's a take right now?

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back