Weak-Side Defensive End
Chesapeake, VA (Oscar Smith)
Ht: 6-4 | Wt: 208 | 40: 4.70

Josh Sweat
Josh Sweat - Yahoo! Sports
Scout.com: Josh Sweat Profile
Josh Sweat - Football Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN

Holds UT offer

I like when I read about future class recruits that we have offered and I see that they are players that need to be watched or their recruitment is about to blow up. This means we are getting on players early and often. It's nice to see us getting in on these players early. It seems like it has been forever since this was the norm around here. It is exciting to see.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
"That production and Sweat's athleticism helps explain his offer list, which now includes schools such as Pitt, Florida State, Ole Miss, Nebraska, NC State, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Virginia Tech and Wisconsin."

"While many schools have offered Sweat, he said Virginia Tech, Ohio State and Tennessee have probably shown the most interest to date. The only college he has visited is Virginia Tech and the Hokies made a positive impression during his short stay in Blacksburg."

-Justin Rowland

“Out of all the schools that have offered, I’d say*Ohio State,*Tennessee,*Florida State,Ole Miss*and*Virginia Tech*are the schools that are recruiting me the hardest,” he said. “I've talked to coaches from Ohio State,*North Carolina State, Ole Miss and Tennessee recently.”

“I’ll probably go to Ohio State, Florida State, Tennessee,*Georgia*and Virginia Tech,” Sweat said.

-scout

"Chesapeake (Va.) Oscar Smith defensive end Josh Sweat, a four-star prospect according to Rivals.com, had a monster junior season from his defensive end position: 94 tackles, 31 tackles for loss, 23 sacks, two forced fumbles, two fumble recoveries and two defensive touchdowns."

"I know I can most likely visit Virginia Tech because they're real close," Sweat said. "I wanted to visit Georgia, Tennessee, Florida State, Ohio State and a lot of them. Wisconsin, too. There's a lot of them."

-Rivals

"Chesapeake (Va.) Oscar Smith defensive end Josh Sweat, a four-star prospect according to Rivals.com, had a monster junior season from his defensive end position: 94 tackles, 31 tackles for loss, 23 sacks, two forced fumbles, two fumble recoveries and two defensive touchdowns."

"I know I can most likely visit Virginia Tech because they're real close," Sweat said. "I wanted to visit Georgia, Tennessee, Florida State, Ohio State and a lot of them. Wisconsin, too. There's a lot of them."

-Rivals

Is it because of JJ Watt that Wisconsin pops up all the time?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back