'15 GA OT Mitch Hyatt

#1 OL in the '15 class, kid is unbelievable. Was shutting guys down as a sophomore last year such as Robert nkimdeche

"It's going good," Hyatt said. "Just talking to a lot of schools. I never expected this kind of attention this early. I never thought I'd have 17 offers. I thought maybe by my senior year some schools would be looking at me. It's a blessing."

Clemson and Ohio State are currently two teams that stand out for Hyatt. He also has been impressed with Louisville. One school that he hopes to check out very soon is Tennessee.

"I don't know a lot about them," Hyatt said. "I'm thinking about coming up there for the spring game. I know they have a new coach and they are doing good things up at Tennessee. I've been told the facilities are great. I've been told that I need to give them a look."

"My two main things are probably atmosphere and academics," Hyatt said. "Football isn't going to last forever and it would be nice to have a degree to fall back on. And I want the atmosphere to be good because I'm going to be at the school for 4 or 5 years so I want to enjoy where I'm at."

-VQ

scouting report

"hyatt is the top pure offensive tackle in the 2015 class. Not only is he currently over 6 feet 5 and 271 pounds, and still growing, but he is blessed with as much body quickness as one will see at the position. He reacts with quickness with the feet, body and hands at an elite level. Hyatt also possesses terrific lateral ability, as well as the ability to play in space. He's physical, aggressive and is always looking to hit. He does a very good job at a young age of creating power with his hips, lower body and has the ability to run the feet. In pass pro, he displays a solid, balanced base with the ability to take contact and react under control. Advanced for his age, he also plays in both a two and three-point stance. He shows excellent ankle flexibility, knee bend and overall athletic ability in both stances. Having played at 258 pounds as a sophomore, and up to 271 as of the weekend, hyatt is just beginning to mature physically. He has the frame to carry 300 pounds or more and while he doesn't have extremely long arms, he has nice arm length. In terms of a baseline skill set with which to develop over the coming years, hyatt is starting from an excellent place." – gerry hamilton, national scouting director, 247sports

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Sh13C83kGw&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

VN Store

Back