'15 TN ATH Jaylond Woods (UT Commit 4/20/13)

TriCitiesVol

Reactions: 1 person
He's a beast. Only player on LC's team to start as a Freshman.

Dominated Camion Patrick in many one-on-one's in practice.

Awesome kick returner. Pretty much a do it all player. He and Brant Mitchell should be the top two players in East Tennessee for 2015.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
He's a beast. Only player on LC's team to start as a Freshman.

Dominated Camion Patrick in many one-on-one's in practice.

Awesome kick returner. Pretty much a do it all player. He and Brant Mitchell should be the top two players in East Tennessee for 2015.

Speaking of Camion Patrick, where did he go?

Could prolly earn himself a scholarship after another stellar season of making plays. Definitely a threat at all times with the ball in his hands.

Jaylond Woods was on campus today and coach Jones offered him.

-Paul Fortenberry

thumbs.gif

Camion Patrick ‏@Cambridge__101
S/o to my lil cuz @_GettinToIT_ for getting the UT offer

@GettinToIt is Jaylond

Im friends with Jaylond, we hang out every once in a while and this kid is the real deal. He's faster than a 4.5 and has had practically no real coaching. Hes an amazing athlete. He likes Ohio state but I think he'll end up here. Y'all have any questions?

IMHO
TIFWIW

Im friends with Jaylond, we hang out every once in a while and this kid is the real deal. He's faster than a 4.5 and has had practically no real coaching. Hes an amazing athlete. He likes Ohio state but I think he'll end up here. Y'all have any questions?

IMHO
TIFWIW

What is the attraction to Ohio St? Urban, style of play, B1G 10?

Thanks

If you knew him you would understand. Hes just an Ohio State fan for the same reasons that people are Florida fans around here. Lol

"Overwhelmed and like surprised but happy and excited that I got it," Woods told InsideTennessee moments later.

Woods joins the likes of Pulaski's*Rico McGraw, Knoxville's*Brant Mitchell, Memphis'Drew Richmond, Brentwood's*C.J. Sanders*and Coalfield's*Zach Stewart*as Class of 2015 talents from the Volunteer State that already have opportunities laid before them to play for the Orange & White.

Even though he plays his prep football roughly 31 miles from Neyland Stadium at Lenoir City (Tenn.) High School, Woods can't help but smile when talking about Ohio State, which is a program for which he has much admiration.The Buckeyes haven't shown much interest but*Clemson,*Ole Miss*and the Vols certainly have.

-scout

This weekend Woods was in Knoxville to take in his second consecutive Saturday practice inside Neyland Stadium and this time was offered by head coach Butch Jones.

"It caught me off guard. I was cheesing so bad. He brought me out to the 50 inside the 'T,' right in the middle of it," Woods said. "He said, 'You're going to remember this day. Today I'm going to give you a scholarship offer.'

"I thought he was just bringing me out to see the practice from behind, where the coaches watch."

After the practice Woods was able to spend time with coordinators Mike Bajakian and John Jancek.

"We stayed and ate some lunch and I talked to the offensive and defensive coordinator," Woods said. "They sat beside me while I was eating and then they were arguing about which side I'd be on and then coach Butch came up behind me and we were all talking. It was crazy."

The Vols were the second team to offer as Clemson offered on Friday. Ole Miss is coming after him hard as well.
-Rivals.com.

“He got one of the assistant coaches to bring me off the sidelines, take me to the middle of the field — 50-yard line in the middle of the ‘T‘ — and was like, ‘You’re going to remember this day, because I’m going to give you a scholarship offer,’” Woods said.

“It felt shocking and surprising, but good. I was excited. I couldn’t stop smiling. I was cheesing.”

“I lived in Knoxville for half my life, and I’ve (also) been in Lenoir City,” he said. “And I used to live, like, to where, literally, (Tennessee’s) field was behind my apartment. I’ve always been a Tennessee fan, but I’ve also been an Oregon and Florida fan and an Ohio State fan.

“It did (cross my mind to commit). But then I thought about it, and I have two more years, and I want to see what can come through those two years. But I’ve been thinking about it, and I might just (verbally) commit next year or something.”

“They were just talking about my highlight film and how they liked how elusive I was and how I could break tackles,” Woods said. “Then, they were talking about my size, that it’s a good, all right size, but I need to get bigger.

“I had the offensive coordinator (Mike Bajakian) and the defensive coordinator (John Jancek) sitting beside me, having an open argument about which side I’d be on.”

“We talked about it Saturday, and that’s another big reason why I would go to Tennessee — just so I can play with him — because, when we did play together (at Lenoir City), I enjoyed it. And it felt like we didn’t get that much playing time together,” Woods said, referring to Patrick spending his junior season at Lenoir City.

“(Patrick) was like, ‘Congratulations. I hope you end up taking it, but don’t get too big-headed,’ telling me to just calm down about it.”

Woods said he also was excited about getting his first offer Friday from Clemson.

“I was like, oh, my. No way,” Woods said. “It was kind of unbelievable, because I haven’t met (defensive tackles) coach (Dan) Brooks, and for him to say, ‘We’re going to go ahead and offer you,’ oh, my. He wanted me to come up (last) weekend, but I told him I couldn’t because I was going to UT, and he said he wanted me to come up sometime.”

“I’ve been in touch with (Bajakian) for a while,” Woods said. “He’s pretty cool. He makes me feel like I could run the offense already. I like that offense.”

:salute:

VN Store

Back