'14 JUCO DT Davonte Lambert (Auburn Commit 12/18/13)

Ron Swanson

Offense Wins Championships.
4_851250.JPG

Defensive tackle
Milledgeville, Georgia
Georgia Military College
View Map
Ht:6'3"
Wt:285 lbs
40:4.81 secs
Class:2014 (High School)

Davonte Lambert - Yahoo! Sports

Davonte Lambert

247 has him ranked the #5 JUCO in the country.

UT offered per Fortenberry.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
Want. Need all the immediate DT help we can get.

Also has some pretty good offers this early.

Looks like a recruiting connection has been established thanks to Big Dan. Major area of need for next season.

I want some Poona too.

Ford is listed. According to a poster in his thread, the nickname Poona came from his Grandmother. They requested that all the juvenile Poona jokes be dropped.

Ford has UT at the top of his list, let's not change that. :hi:

Btw, not really bashing you, I had a few name jokes there too :)

Reactions: 1 person
“I basically had to talk to the whole defensive coaching staff, and then I talked to the head coach. They told me that I had an offer,” said Lambert, who’s ranked the nation’s No. 5 junior-college prospect in the 2014 class by 247Sports.

“Coach Martinez, he was like, the whole defensive coaching staff had looked at my film highlights. They really liked it, and they’re going to need D-linemen, so they’re really looking for me to play for them.”

“I mean, Georgia, they’ve always been on me,” said Lambert, who took an official visit to Georgia late in the 2012 recruiting cycle before enrolling at Georgia Military last summer. “But I really don’t have a favorite school right now.”

He said he “never took a visit” to Tennessee during high school, but he has at least one connection to the Vols.

Former Tennessee offensive lineman Mercedes Hamilton, who was a captain on the Vols’ 1998 national championship team, was one of Lambert’s coaches at Burke County High School in Waynesboro, Ga.

“I know they have a pretty good defense,” Lambert said of the Vols. “And when I was in high school, (Hamilton) kept telling me, ‘Hey, if you keep working, Tennessee, they’re going to go ahead and pull the trigger if you just keep working.’ (Friday) they pulled the trigger on me.”

“I’m thinking I’ll have a visit to Georgia in the summer. That’s all that I know right now,” he said. “I really like (Tennessee). I’m pretty sure I will (visit).”

“I’m just waiting on the fall to make some official visits, and I’ll take it from there,” he said.

Enjoyed the quote about Hamilton. I don't think Lambert decides anytime soon, but obviously, UGA is going to be in it or on top until he announces.

UF offered.

"Scheduling his official visits is something that Lambert says he plans on doing soon.

"I am going to take a few in the summer and one or two during my season," explained Lambert. "I am going to Georgia and Tennessee in the summer."

- UF rivals

"He passed the phone around the room and I talked to all the coaches and they were telling me they were watching my film right then and right there and they really liked the way I played and they want me to be a Volunteer," Lambert said. "It feels real good knowing that all the coaches like the way I play."

"I know just a little bit about Tennessee. It seems like a nice place to be at. I've never visited their campus yet, but I hope to this summer," Lambert offered.

"Losing that many lineman really shows they need help and for them to come to me and wanting me to come and play that means a lot to me because that shows me how much they need a responsible player and a player that's going to be a captain to a team and that's what I bring to the table," Lambert said.

"The education is the thing I'm looking forward to the most and like I told the coaches I'm looking to come in and play, not come in and be redshirted or anything," Lambert said.

-VQ

VN Store

Back