Elias Cane

Elias Cane - Yahoo! Sports

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duOXJwjdqVY[/youtube]

Twitter: https://twitter.com/OnTheRise_15

Visiting Vols April 6th

Has been to Vandy and also JR Day at Auburn

Last edited:
Elias Cane‏@OnTheRise_15
Just got off the phone with UT hopefully some good news within a couple of weeks !!! #VFL #Volnation

Reactions: 1 person
"Recruiting has been great. I got my first five offers this summer so that's pretty cool," Cane said. "The last few weeks have been laid back because of practice. But, recruiting this summer was really good."

"I took my college tour up the East Coast and I went to Clemson, South Carolina, Maryland and Rutgers," Cane explained. "We went up there to see family but I was able to pick out a few colleges to look at."

While he already holds a handful of offers he's hoping to get two closer to home, specifically Tennessee and Vanderbilt.

"Those are the two offers I want. I want to stay in Tennessee if I can. I want to stay instate," Cane said.

"At Tennessee I talk to coach Thigpen and coach Martinez. I went up there for a junior day and went to a spring practice," Cane offered. "I love Tennessee. They have great coaches up there and they have great intensity up there. They have a great recruiting class. Coach Jones is bringing one of the best classes in the country. They have good facilities, they have good academics up there. I know a lot of people at Tennessee."

-VQ

Reactions: 3 people
I recently caught up with 2015 Nashville DB Elias Cane, who says that Tennessee continues to recruit him hard despite the fact that he hasn't been offered. In the story we also talk about strong interest from Vanderbilt, who hasn't offered yet either. He says he's planning on attending the UT-Vandy game next month. Not sure on how serious Tennessee is about him but it's clear they're continuing to evaluate him.

- Woody Wommack, Rivals

From his article...

"I'm getting recruited by Tennessee and Vanderbilt the hardest," Cane said. "Those are the two schools I really want to get offers from."

Cane has upcoming trip planned to Duke and also says he'll be at the Vanderbilt-Tennessee game next month. He said the Vols have been working to get him on campus for a game all season.

"They've been trying to get me to come up there all season," he said. "I really wanted to go the Georgia game but we had some family stuff conflict. Their fans keep asking me about coming too so I want to get up there and see what's it like for a game."

He added that the Tennessee staff sees him fitting in well on defense.

"They've been saying that I can play nickel and they like my play-making ability," he said. "They think they can put me anywhere in the secondary and I can have an impact."

Gaulden and Cane is a nice nickel rotation. We could probably run some dime as well if we cam get Cane

"@jcshurburtt: Got a 2015 DB out there named Cane from TN claiming offers that do not exist. Do not be fooled by this one my fellow reporters."

Wow...

Not sure I would tweet something like that out.

Yeah prob better off calling his coach or parents. What does it matter to him whether he's claiming it or not. Not his business to police hs students, ESP in that manner.. Calling kids a liar in public media... Smh

"@jcshurburtt: Got a 2015 DB out there named Cane from TN claiming offers that do not exist. Do not be fooled by this one my fellow reporters."

Didn't he also claim the Berry's might gray shirt? Seems to have no problem going out on a limb.

Didn't he also claim the Berry's might gray shirt? Seems to have no problem going out on a limb.

Exactly.

@reality: Got a reporter out there named Shurburtt from 247 claiming inside info that is just made up garbage. Do not be fooled by this one my fellow humans.

Reactions: 6 people
BgjuIqTCYAAprRo.jpg

@Cane_Era: With Coach Jones at Tennessee #volnation #Vols http://t.co/lXlgWZ3jkT

VN Store

Back