Cruitin' Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I talked myself into supporting him after Kentucky. I called for his head right after the game. Then convinced myself injuries killed us. Then the MSU game just ended it all for me. Non-coaching chump......

Yep. Same thing for me. I supported him till the MSU game after that I just grew more disgusted and embarrassed that he was our coach. And when he let that clock run down from 40 sec or so I wanted to throw something at the tv. With one of the best arms in the league and the best WR cord in the league and your going to run out the clock...PLLLLLLEASE!!

Reactions: 1 person
Running the click down against mizzou, at home, with that talent, was reprehensible and I would propse, unethical

Reactions: 5 people
He really dropped the ball in the FL game imo. It was the "moment" and he blew it. The MSU game was just bull****. Some of the playcalling in that game was absolutely atrocious.

CP made chopped liver of MSU when he had the ball in his hands though. That fly sweep (i think it was supposed to be a WR pass, can't remember) when he cut it back across field behind the LOS was phenomenal.

It was a reverse to the short side of the field(Chaney was a dumbass). CP just bailed them out. Had a kid I'm coaching up that was at the game. Said CP is ridiculous as an athlete at field level. Dooley dropped the ball with him. Could've had a Peter Warrick/Percy Harvin type of impact on recruiting at UT.

season 1, too many men on the field penalty like 4 consecutive weeks had me questioning him.

The Loss to Kentucky was horrible, I was on the fence. the post game interview right after that Loss, is when I knew he was not the guy.

The Florida loss last year is when I really began to believe that he wasn't the guy. After the Mississippi State loss I felt like it was confirmed.

Hey Freak, just a suggestion...make the first post in this new FB talk thread the CBS article on Butch from yesterday.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/21932672/with-plenty-of-work-ahead-jones-tackles-makeover-at-tennessee

Last edited:
Top 3 WR's right now?

"Wow, great question. Most consistent and productive are probably Blanc, Carter, and Dallas. But Devrin will factor in for sure."

- Hubbs

A poster asked Hubbs what former Vol LB Kevin Simon was doing.

He is a scout with the Cowboys and I gotta give him credit. Kevin called me right as Dooley was fired and told me that Butch Jones would be a great fit at Tennessee and was what the Vols needed. Simon had been to Cincy a couple of times in the fall to see practice and scout and he was a huge believer in what Jones was doing there.

Reactions: 8 people
Given the amount of safteys we are cruitin, how many can we take? Will a safety to linebacker transition work well in this D?

"Yes, I think the safety to linebackers move will work. I think they are recruiting probably 7-10, but won't take that many."

- Hubbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back