'15 TN OL Jack Jones (UT Commit 5/9/2013)

TriCitiesVol

Murfreesboro, TN
Oakland HS
Offensive Lineman
HT: 6'5
WT: 270 lbs
40: 5.2
Vertical: 24.5"
Bench: 250 lbs
Squat: 400 lbs
Clean: 275 lbs
Class of 2015

I could not find any profiles of him up yet.

aksdhek.jpg

Already hearing from Tennessee, Memphis, Kentucky, Vanderbilt and with his first offer this week from hometown Middle Tennessee State, the 6-foot-4.5, 270-pound Jones also is his sophomore class president, involved in FCA and YoungLife.

"I'm really enjoying it. It's kind of a whole new world learning everything," said Jones, who visited Rocky Top for Tennessee's massive 'Family Day' event on March 16 and left town highly impressed. "(Wednesday) was really awesome [to receive his first offer] because it was the team I've been growing up going to all the games, grew up a block away. It's very surreal. Humbling."

Jones, who trains with some of the state's top players including fellow big-time Oakland prospects Emmanuel Smith and Josh Smith, as well as Josh Malone and Rashaan Gaulden in Buck Fitzgerald's Playmakers Academy/InFullMotion program, credited his father for his foundation in football and the Playmakers Academy program for helping him develop.

"I was about 6 years old when I started playing, and my dad (John) coached me all the way till high school. He played offensive line at Tennessee Tech. He knows all about it and he's been my biggest role model," Jones said. "It's just amazing. All I can do is really thank God; I've been dreaming about playing in college since I was a little kid and thinking 'I hope one day that can be me.' It's just crazy and I'm so blessed.

"I really enjoy [training with Playmakers]. We usually go every weekend and do something like that. It's really cool because I do a lot of footwork and pass pro and they'll throw me in there and let me run some tight ends stuff and it helps me work with becoming more athletic."

"They like my size and they also watched some film and like how I'm nasty," Jones explained. "My footwork, they like that and how I try to finish blocks."

"We're very, very conscious of that. We also try to stick together a lot. Keep each other in line as accountability partners," Jones said. "With Mann and Josh, who I'm even closer to because we've been playing together since we were 6, we make it a big deal. Our coaches tell us, the weight room and football field is only half of it. Especially if we've got on an Oakland hoodie or sweatpants. We have to have good character."

"I really, really enjoyed the UT visit. What stood out was I really liked the energy; they're very passionate and very much wanted to get everyone involved. Family-oriented," said Jones, the only sophomore starter on the Oakland line a year ago. "We walked through the line after practice and players and coaches and families gave us high-fives. I've got three siblings and I love that family atmosphere.

"Their facilities were obviously very impressive. Coaches talked to me a lot. They were very personable. At one point I was sitting there watching and Antonio Richardson looked at me and motioned me to come over and get closer to the drills. They're very welcoming. It's a good group up there in Knoxville."

Jones, who said UT coaches made clear they hoped he would return for the Vols' linemen camp this summer, also expects to check out Vanderbilt, Kentucky and MTSU in the coming weeks. More importantly, he's got an early-April date circled on his calendar when he'll compete in the prestigious Rivals/Under Armour camp in Birmingham, Ala.

"I'm really pumped up for that," Jones said. "I've been training on the indoor field at Oakland, running my 40s and pro agilities, working on speed training. I've been doing that since the beginning of this year. I'm really looking forward to the opportunity."
-Brice

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Isn't Oakland were the smith boys go as well. Pipeline!!

Edit: probably should have read article first

Last edited:
It's awesome when the best individual players on the team are the most selfless

It also makes for a great team dynamic

Reactions: 2 people
I would have no problem stocking the OL with kids from Tennessee. When it's time to lay it on the line, give me a kid who grew up Orange and I like our chances.
Me too.I dont know if they play harder than one thats not,but I think it may mean a little more to them.

Reactions: 1 person
I play church-league basketball with Jack. One of the biggest guys I have ever been around. He's huge and extremely athletic. Really cool seeing him get recruited by the vols.

Reactions: 2 people
Just days before making his way south for the event Jones picked up his first offer from MTSU.

"It was exciting and it kind of takes the burden off my shoulders a little bit knowing I have an offer and I like coach Stock over there so it's good," Jones said.

Jones has been a visitor to a Tennessee spring practice last month and said he likes what Butch Jones is putting together in Knoxville.

"I like it a lot. I really like UT. I like coach Jones, I like all their coaches and the intensity there and all their goals there and they're going to be a big-time team this year and coach Jones is already bringing in the players and I think they're doing a really good job," Jones said.
-Rivals.com.

Reactions: 3 people
"I talked with Jack's dad, John, on Sunday for a good bit at the IFM camp, and he said then that receiving a Vols offer would be a dream scenario. I expect to speak with Jack this evening and I'll have a better feel for things, but the family has long been Vols fans and Jack told us on video Sunday that he loved his experience at UT during spring camp and had been blown away by it all."

- John Brice

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back