'15 MI ATH Brian Cole

wU-Tang Vol

Steve Wiltfong ‏@SWiltfong247
Saginaw (MI) Heritage 2015 ATH Brian Cole adds an offer from #Tennessee #Vols

UT is his favorite SEC school and we were first to offer too. likes ND OSU and UM the most probably right now. Will likely stay in state though.
We could have an outside shot though and he will definitely visit.

What position is he likely to play in college?

UT is his favorite SEC school and we were first to offer too. likes ND OSU and UM the most probably right now. Will likely stay in state though.
We could have an outside shot though and he will definitely visit.

Who is this guy? Lol

From Michigan rivals on 10/8...

Visits to some of the Big Ten's top programs are already under his belt, and he'll be making a different type of campus visit this weekend. Cole's first foray into SEC country will give him a glimpse at Tennessee, one of the programs that have already offered him.

"I've been to Michigan, Michigan State, and Ohio State, and I'm going to Tennessee next week," he explained. "To be honest, I can't even say what I expect [at an SEC campus]. It's my first time even messing with this stuff. I'm just excited to see what's going to be new and what's going to be the same about it.

"Michigan State, it was nice. It was great. We got to stand on the 50 and watch State warm up. It was just a great atmosphere and a good time with the recruits. Michigan, I don't even know how to explain it. The halftime show was just crazy; it was different than anything I've ever seen before. I was just really blessed and I thank God for being blessed this way and having opportunities open up for me. At Ohio State, it was nice. It was my first time being to a game there. The stadium was really nice. I'm just blessed, I can't explain."

Those four programs and Wisconsin have already offered Cole, and he's doing his due diligence in making visits to each. Despite already seeing some of his options, however, Cole is in no rush to make his college decision - or even name favorites.

"Right now, I'm just wide open," he said. "I'm just chilling, and just thanking God."

Reactions: 2 people
“It was good trip,” Brian Cole Sr. began. “It was fun. They treated us really well. Real good experience. It’s different down in the South. That was the first time Brian and I experienced SEC football. It was pretty exciting. Everything was different, the tailgate and everything. Those people really get into it. It was definitely a different kind of energy.”

“It was a very positive visit, good contact with all the coaches,” the elder Cole said. “I can say everything about it was positive. We’re definitely going to go back. We’d like to go back and visit again.

“The facilities were very nice. The facilities period were outstanding. The kids were very nice. Not that the kids in Michigan aren’t, I guess it’s that Southern thing. That hospitality, Brian really got along with those guys right away. From what he tells me, he really enjoyed the guys.”

Yessir.

CBJ and staff doing work all over the country.

Reactions: 5 people
"Oh my goodness. It was just crazy. Those people down there are very serious about football. Their passion is crazy. They are crazy about football up here too, but it was a great atmosphere and we had a great time. That southern hospitality, it was very nice."

Coach Stripling is main rectuiter. Our staff thinks he is versatile enough to play a number of positions.

"We will definitely be back down there. We want to get down there and see them again."

Scout.com: Vols Show Cole Some Southern Hopsitality

Reactions: 4 people
I overlooked our staffs michigan connections. We are going to land some good michigan and Ohio valley players with this staff. Normally we wouldn't be on many mich kids radar. ESP considering how many consecutive losing seasons we've had. The job this staff is doing getting their foot in the door of elite prospects is miraculous considering...

I overlooked our staffs michigan connections. We are going to land some good michigan and Ohio valley players with this staff. Normally we wouldn't be on many mich kids radar. ESP considering how many consecutive losing seasons we've had. The job this staff is doing getting their foot in the door of elite prospects is miraculous considering...

I agree, and there is talent up there, and talent I like. Hopefully we can poach a few from Hoke and his crew.

This staff has very strong ties to Michigan. Probably more so overall than in Ohio. I know when the staff was at Cincy they felt like the overall talent in the Cincinnati area was somewhat overrated on a national level. They viewed most of the highly rated guys out of this area as mid-tier Big 10 type talents. And I have to agree with them. I dont think they'll pursue many guys out of Southwest Ohio at Tennessee unless they are truly elite. It was interesting Georgia and Florida were much higher priorities for them even when they were at Cincy.

"It was my first SEC game, and a lot stood out to me," said Cole, a two-way standout for Heritage. "It was a great atmosphere. I got to meet more of the coaches, get better relationships with them and see how the SEC does it compared to the Big Ten." "It was louder than I'm used to," Cole said. "I swear it seemed like there were a lot more people, even though there wasn't. But it was louder. The person sitting next to me, I could barely hear what he was saying. And it was just kind of like there was a little more competition."

"Coach Jones was real nice and respectful. He said he's a Michigan man and almost his whole staff is from this area. It's a good relationship because they're all pretty much from my home state."

"They looked really good; I liked how in the slot they use jet sweeps to get them the ball some," Cole said. "Most of that stood out to me because if I played receiver, I'd be able to get more than just passes." "On defense, I'll hit you hard. I'm not scared," Cole explained. "On offense, I just like the ball in my hands with open space to run. I think I can make something out of nothing."

"There's no doubt I want to make a trip back down there for sure," said Cole, whose mother has family in Memphis, Nashville and some other areas in Tennessee. "It's unbelievable, and I continue to thank God and thank Him for blessing me and my family with this opportunity, something that not everyone gets."

-VQ

Reactions: 4 people
184L

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back