'15 AL LB Keaton Anderson

MiramarVol

Sanctified Vol
Outside Linebacker
Ht: 6-1
Wt: 215 lbs
Hometown: Florence, AL

Keaton Anderson

Another Tennessee legacy, who received a UT offer last week at the first Spring Practice per 247.

“I mean, yeah, it does (matter). It does play a role that (my brother) played there. I have a love for Tennessee. But I’m also just going to stay open and just take it my own way, like he’s told me. Whatever I feel the right fit is for me, I mean, that’s what I’m going to do.”

Pretty much all SEC schools are showing interest.

Son of former Tennessee linebacker Terry Anderson (1976-78), nephew of former defensive end Charlie Anderson (1974-76) and brother of offensive lineman*Carson Anderson*(2008-12), Keaton’s recent offer from Tennessee was a dream come true.

“Me growing up being a Tennessee fan because of my dad, my brother and my uncle, the offer was a huge accomplishment for myself,” Anderson told InsideTennessee. “I have always wanted an SEC offer and for it to be a Tennessee offer, that is just awesome. I am blessed to have the opportunity.”

“My recruiting coordinator is Coach Thigpen, but they called me up and I was talking to Coach Thigpen and he was saying how excited they were,” he said. “Then he told me he was going to put me on the phone with Coach Jones because he had some good news and I was pretty excited to talk to Coach Jones.

“He got on the phone with me and told me how excited he was and talked about the tradition at Tennessee. Then he told me that they liked the way I play ball and how I get after it and they wanted to offer me a football scholarship here at Tennessee. Of course I was going crazy because it was a huge deal for me. I was real pumped, real excited and thankful.”

“My family wants whatever is best for me,” he said. “It is not like they want me to go to Tennessee just to carry on the family legacy. If I want to go somewhere else they are 100 percent open and I am 100 percent open too.

“I don’t think that I have to go to Tennessee to carry on my family’s name. I have to go where it’s best for me and my family wants the same thing.”

“Of course, Alabama, they just offered me,” Anderson said of others recruiting him. “Another big school on my list isLSU. I went down there for a spring practice and really enjoyed it. That was my first time to see the campus and see everything.

“Another top one on my list is*Ole Miss. I went down there for spring practice also and got to meet all the coaches. That was really cool because they have a lot of excitement down there too.”

“To play in the SEC for me is just a lifelong job that I have had,” he said. “Anybody in the south, especially for me growing up in Alabama, playing in the SEC would just be crazy. It is just something that I want to fulfill. If I were to go somewhere outside the SEC that would be awesome, but my dream is to play in the SEC. Hopefully I will get to accomplish that.”

-scout

Reactions: 3 people
Son of former Tennessee linebacker Terry Anderson (1976-78), nephew of former defensive end Charlie Anderson (1974-76) and brother of offensive lineman*Carson Anderson*(2008-12), Keaton’s recent offer from Tennessee was a dream come true.

“Me growing up being a Tennessee fan because of my dad, my brother and my uncle, the offer was a huge accomplishment for myself,” Anderson told InsideTennessee. “I have always wanted an SEC offer and for it to be a Tennessee offer, that is just awesome. I am blessed to have the opportunity.”

“My recruiting coordinator is Coach Thigpen, but they called me up and I was talking to Coach Thigpen and he was saying how excited they were,” he said. “Then he told me he was going to put me on the phone with Coach Jones because he had some good news and I was pretty excited to talk to Coach Jones.

“He got on the phone with me and told me how excited he was and talked about the tradition at Tennessee. Then he told me that they liked the way I play ball and how I get after it and they wanted to offer me a football scholarship here at Tennessee. Of course I was going crazy because it was a huge deal for me. I was real pumped, real excited and thankful.”

“My family wants whatever is best for me,” he said. “It is not like they want me to go to Tennessee just to carry on the family legacy. If I want to go somewhere else they are 100 percent open and I am 100 percent open too.

“I don’t think that I have to go to Tennessee to carry on my family’s name. I have to go where it’s best for me and my family wants the same thing.”

“Of course, Alabama, they just offered me,” Anderson said of others recruiting him. “Another big school on my list isLSU. I went down there for a spring practice and really enjoyed it. That was my first time to see the campus and see everything.

“Another top one on my list is*Ole Miss. I went down there for spring practice also and got to meet all the coaches. That was really cool because they have a lot of excitement down there too.”

“To play in the SEC for me is just a lifelong job that I have had,” he said. “Anybody in the south, especially for me growing up in Alabama, playing in the SEC would just be crazy. It is just something that I want to fulfill. If I were to go somewhere outside the SEC that would be awesome, but my dream is to play in the SEC. Hopefully I will get to accomplish that.”

-scout

Well that is a truly splendid article if I do say so myself. Thank you for posting kind sir :hi:

This is from the article today from a UA site when talking about the UA offer.

"I have an offer from Tennessee," Anderson said. "They offered me about two months ago. Tennessee was awesome. It was my first time talking to Coach Jones. It was a dream come true to get my first offer from an SEC school.

"I went to a practice and their spring game. The spring game was fun. There is a lot of excitement at Tennessee. Tennessee and Alabama known for tradition. I met Coach Jones and met all the coaches. A lot of excitement. My brother [Carson Anderson] played for Tennessee. I know a lot about Tennessee. I know coaches who have been there. Coach Jones is getting the program turned around."

The offer was well received at the Anderson household as well despite Terry Anderson's alma mater.

"My dad came and saw me after it happened, he actually played at Tennessee, but he's all for where I want to go," said Anderson. "He was pumped, he chest-bumped me and was ready to go, so it was awesome.

"My parents just want what's best for me."

With the offer from UA now on his list along with UT, the previous visits to each school mean that much more.

"I'm 100 percent open to anybody," he said. "Tennessee and Alabama are my top because of the offers, but a close third is LSU. They came to watch my spring game. Ole Miss, too. Really, any SEC school would be big for me.

I think living in AL with the recent success gets any kid in the state excited but UT is still the team to beat here IMO.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back