'15 TN WR C.J. Sanders

Yeah this is Chris sanders kid, he's really good. Regularly killed us when MBA played them. He even stood out more than some of the other guys like jalen and Derek. He's real fast.

Yeah this is Chris sanders kid, he's really good. Regularly killed us when MBA played them. He even stood out more than some of the other guys like jalen and Derek. He's real fast.

I'm sure he did. If he doesn't think of tOSU as a leader, I hope he gives is a chance.

Brentwood Academy gets revenge on MUS

C.J. Sanders helped Swafford's debut go smoothly as he caught seven passes for 156 yards and three touchdowns.

The junior scored on TD passes of 83, 44 and 13 yards. His father is former Titans receiver Chris Sanders.

Swafford's first completion was an 83-yard TD strike to Sanders that gave BA a 6-0 lead early in the first quarter.

"I'm proud of Swafford," Sanders said. "That was his first start (this year) under the big lights. He's going to be a very good quarterback. He was the man. We practiced a lot this summer, every day together so I think our chemistry is really coming along well. We're developing that quarterback-wide receiver bond that's going to be something special."

Reactions: 1 person
The younger Sanders said he has heard from Tennessee since getting his first offer from former Vols assistant coach Peter Sirmon — who was a former NFL teammate of Sanders’ father — in November 2011, but he’s still waiting to make his first visit to Knoxville to learn more about the Vols.

“They wanted me to go up there a couple times, but I’ve been busy,” Sanders said. “But I heard it’s beautiful up there, so I’m going to visit soon. They wanted me to go up there a couple times. I just wasn’t able to make it. But I will.”

He received an offer from Vandy recently, and he said that he would visit them sometime soon. tOSU has yet to offer, but they are beginning to express interest after going to their camp in June.

Long story short, if tOSU offers, it's more than likely a done deal.

"It was great. It was my first time going to Neyland Stadium. I walked onto the field and I had no idea the Stadium was that big," Sanders said. "I had a lot of fun and it was a great experience."

"Tennessee was awesome. It was good to see the fan base and how close everybody is and how much the support every one," he said. "The atmosphere was great and I liked it a lot."

"Since September 1 it's really just now started but our relationship is going to grow and I'm looking forward to it," Sanders offered.

"It's been a blessing. Some people think it's overwhelming but you've just got to take it all in because not everyone is able to be in this position," Sanders said. "I'm just going to make the most of it. I'm not really going to think about it too much during the season but after the season I'm going to weigh my options and see how I fit in different offenses and see where I fit in and see what feels like home."

-VQ

Reactions: 3 people
@GmoneyIndy_Uno: Happy Birthday to my guy @CjSanders8 miss you fam and always remember them #Vols are waiting on you :).

Rashaan Gaulden doin a little work

Reactions: 2 people
Just for those that forgot or didn't know, Rashaan went to Brentwood Academy (where CJ attends) until his junior year.

The 5-foot-10, 165-pound wideout already has offers from Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Stanford, Duke, Ole Miss and Mississippi State.

The Cardinal were at the game on Friday night to see Sanders and he plans to head to California after the season to return the favor. Besides that, he's planning on taking his recruitment slow.

"Stanford came to see me tonight and I know I'm going to visit them after the season. Besides that, I'm not really sure right now," Sanders said. "Everything is open and I'm going to talk things over with my parents as well. After the season we're really going to take everything into consideration."

One school he'll take into consideration is Tennessee. Sanders has already visited the Vols for a game this season and liked what he saw and is just happy to Tennessee and others recruiting him.

"It's awesome," Sanders said of Tennessee. "It's a nice feeling to have those kind of schools want you to be a part of their program. It's awesome to be in this position."

-VQ

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back