'15 GA DE D'Andre Walker

His athleticism is impressive. With added weight and strength this kid could be a could pass rush DE

This guy is going to be very highly touted next year. I love the mixture of height, wingspan, and athleticism

Former classmate coaches at Hughes( moved over from Westlake) said they have about 10 kids that will get FBS/FCS offers in 2015. This year will be there 3 year of Varsity teams..already beat a few 4A/5a powers in Atl. The new it school in south fulton..will have a number of offseason transfers from other SAtl programs like Westlake, Tri-Cites and Creekside.

“I can’t really explain how the visit was,” said Walker. “I definitely had a fun time. We toured the facilities and got to see the new weight room. We also got to see the way they practice and meet the coaches. It was a good trip.”

“I got to sit down with Coach Saban and talk for a while. He said that he was offering me a scholarship. He told me that he really likes the way that I play and that he thinks I would fit into their defense really well. I was definitely excited. I feel blessed to have gotten all of my offers.”

“Their practices are really intense. They work hard and go after it the whole time. It was nice to watch.

“Their weight room is so nice. It’s huge. I have never seen a weight room that big before. I looked it up on the internet before I got down there and it was still so much bigger than I thought it would be.”

“Alabama is my top five right now with UGA, Oregon, LSU and Auburn. Alabama has been so successful and you know that you will get to compete for championships every year. I also really like the defense and how they play.”

If there was a "dislike" option for posts, I'd dislike my own right now.

Reactions: 2 people
"Georgia and Tennessee (are my favorites right now)," he said.

"I've visited Georgia, Tennessee, and Alabama. I liked them. I liked every school I went to so far. It (my decision) is going to come down to academics and where they stand, what kind of academics they have."
-Rivals.com.

Reactions: 4 people
"I have been to Georgia, Alabama,*Auburn, and*Tennessee," he said. "I liked them all really. I really like the football staff at Georgia. I like their football coaches and their supporting staff. Alabama is just Alabama, so it is easy to like them. They have a great weight room too. At Auburn, I loved their facilities and I loved the stadium at Tennessee."

-scout

Right now, five schools stand out -- Alabama, Florida, Florida State, Georgia and Louisville -- and the biggest reason why is that Walker feels comfortable with the coaches recruiting him from those programs.

"That is real important to me," Walker said. "I get along real well with all of them. I like the coaching staffs, the defenses they have and that they win championships -- and are capable of winning more championships."

He said UGA is recruiting him at OLB, and I'm assuming Bama is doing the same. He plans to visit all the FL schools that have offered soon, and he wants to receive offers from Michigan and LSU.

"I'm always working to get better," Walker said. "I feel like I rush the passer really well, but I'm just now learning how to stop the run. You can't take to many steps into the backfield and contain the lineman at the same time. You have to balance what you want to do."

"Now I know what I need to work on so it gives me some things and areas to focus on," Walker said. "I'm at it every day. I'm in the weight room about six hours each day and I'm also working on my agility and lateral movement."

"I want to start as a true freshman," Walker said. "I also want to be an architect when I grow up so I'm driven to do well in the classroom. I'm looking for a place that will allow me to pursue that dream."

"They have a good coaching staff," Walker said. "Coach Thigpen is recruiting me and they are definitely a school I'm looking at and listening too. I've not looked at their depth chart to close, but I know they have some good players."

-VQ

Reactions: 1 person
I wish the VQ writers knew the difference between "to" and "too"......after all, they are supposed to be professionals. :rolleyes:

I wish the VQ writers knew the difference between "to" and "too"......after all, they are supposed to be professionals. :rolleyes:

They don't care. So many people have complained over the years and nothing has changed, I think they do it on purpose just to piss people off haha.

They don't care. So many people have complained over the years and nothing has changed, I think they do it on purpose just to piss people off haha.

As a former VQ-er for a decade, and someone who writes for a living (attorney), the terrible grammar and spelling in VQ articles, was, IMO, unacceptable. If I turned in legal documents with those type of mistakes, I'd be fired.

This is just a huge pet peeve of mine, especially if you make a living as a journalist.

VN Store

Back