'14 FL CB Nigel Patten (new name: Nigel Bethel)

Ron Swanson

Offense Wins Championships.
284431.jpg

Cornerback
Miami, Florida
Booker T. Washington
View Map
Ht:5'9"
Wt:155 lbs
Class:2014 (High School)

Nigel Patten - Yahoo! Sports

Nigel Patten

Nigel Patten - Highlight Videos, Schedule & Roster - Hudl

Vols offered.

Miami (Fla.) Booker T. Washington defensive back Nigel Patten has informed me via text that Tennessee has offered. The 4-star DB is one of the top corners in the area. I had a chance to see him in person twice last year and he is an instinctive ball hawk. Not the biggest at 5-foot-9, but he makes plays. Excellent at under cutting routes and finding the ball.

- Kynon Codrington, Rivals

Patten stated, "I saw that I was a four-star, but I'm trying to be a 5-star. I'm going to keep working hard. I ran 10.5 in the 100 meters at track practice, so I'm going to keep pushing."

On the recruiting front Patten listed a top three of Florida State, Georgia, and Miami.

The Bulldogs haven't offered, but he is very interested in their program. The 'Noles were the first school to offer and he has been to campus a few times before. He likes how FSU produces defensive backs.

This spring he is working out with former Miami and Booker T. Washington alumni Brandon Harris. Harris plays for the Houston Texans and has worked with Patten during the summer off-season.

Last fall, Patten collected 32 tackles, four interceptions, and thirteen pass break ups while leading his team to the Class 4A state championship.

- Rivals, 2/14

I'm glad the staff is working SoFL. There's a lot of talent down here. I see they working BTW.

“They were just saying they had watched my film, and they liked that, even though I’m 5-9, they could see that I cover big receivers well and I’ve got nice man coverage,” Patten said, referring to his discussion with Azzanni and Martinez. “And if I come up there, I could play as a freshman and things like that.”

“They were saying they want me to come up in the summer or in the spring, for sure,” Patten said.
“I haven’t been to any junior days yet, because I’m in track season right now. That’s been taking up my time. I’m not really going anywhere for a while because of track.”

“I know about them being in the SEC, and they had two nice receivers — I forgot their names, but the two receivers they had, both of them were real good,”

“I don’t care about leaving the state or going out of state to get my college experience. I’m not really scared to leave Florida, so it really don’t matter,” he said.

Some quotes per the 247 article.

I haven't watched his film yet, but based on size alone he reminds me of Donald Gray

Last edited:
Booker T. Washington's Nigel Patton brings a boatload of speed and athleticism to the table. He established himself as one of the state's top corners in 2012 and there is plenty of upside remaining. Patton can flat out cover and has handled some of the area's big receivers. He has a chance to make a name for himself on the track as well. Patton has picked up many early offers, including FSU and Miami.

What's the word on this kid HG?

FSU/UM battle. Track guy learning to play football... much like Artie Burns last cycle. Not sure if the 5'9 is legit. Seemed more like 5'7 during the playoffs. He'll be recruited but I doubt he ends up in the SEC bc of size (Will Likely).

He said the Seminoles and the Volunteers are recruiting him the most right now and there is also a lot to like about Tennessee.

“Tennessee, being in the SEC, that’s a great program. I feel like it’ll take me to the next level. I watched guys like Eric Berry play at that program and go on to the next level. It’s a nice school.”

-Scout

Reactions: 4 people
FSU/UM battle. Track guy learning to play football... much like Artie Burns last cycle. Not sure if the 5'9 is legit. Seemed more like 5'7 during the playoffs. He'll be recruited but I doubt he ends up in the SEC bc of size (Will Likely).

How tall is Riggs from uf?

VN Store

Back