'14 JUCO OT Dontavius Blair (UT SIGNEE 12/18/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VolinArizona

not in Arizona anymore
95087.jpg

Offensive tackle
Garden City, Kansas
Garden City C.C.

Ht:6'8"
Wt:300 lbs
40:5 secs
Bench Max:330

Dontavius Blair - Yahoo! Sports

Has Tennessee offer. Also offered by Kansas State and Mississippi State.

Originally a 2012 athlete from Anniston, Alabama.

Wonder if this was a Dooley offer?

Last edited:

"I have offers from Kansas State, Tennessee and Mississippi State right now and I'm talking to a bunch of other schools," Blair told JCFootball.com. "I have been talking a lot with South Florida, Auburn and a few others and I'm getting a lot of letters from other schools."

As a freshman this past season, Blair started seven games at left tackle while splitting time with a redshirt sophomore who started ahead of him.

"When I got here, they have a rule in Kansas that you can only have a certain amount of out-of-state guys on your roster, so I had to fight against that rule to get on the team," Blair, an Alabama native, said. "I had to make the team and be one of the 15 out-of-state guys who made the team and then there was a guy who had been here a couple of years already who was playing.

"They would move him to guard sometimes, so that is when I got to play and then I started like six or seven games."

With his long arms and outstanding feet, Blair has the skills to be a solid left tackle prospect and because of his lean frame, he still has plenty of room to grow.

"I'm 6'7" and 300 now, but I want to get bigger and get stronger this offseason," Blair said. "I definitely have room to grow and I'm working on doing that right now."

On the academic side, Blair has been hard at work getting his courework completed so he's on pace to graduate in December and he will have three years to play two following the 2013 football season

"What happened was Tommy Thigpen was my recruiter at Auburn coming out of high school and when he got to Tennessee and I saw that and I hit him up on Facebook," the Garden City Community College standout said. " I guess he showed them my highlights and I guess they loved it."

"I talk to them all the time. I talk to all of them," Blair said. "I knew a lot about them because they were already in my top group, but they told me they have nice facilities, which I already knew that, but they told me they have big plans for me and as far as academic, they have what I want."

"They were just telling me the left tackle that was there now, Antonio Richardson, he would probably going to the draft after next year and that I would have a big opportunity to come down there and be a part of their offensive line," Blair said. "It's very important because they said they need a leader and come in and be a junior."

"I come home for spring, which is two weeks from now, and I plan on visiting that Saturday which is March 16," Blair said. "I want to see what it's like to play division one football," Blair offered. "I just want to see what it's like. I just want it to feel like home. Wherever I go I just want it to feel like home."

-VQ

Plans to be an EE.

Love the way he just throws guys out of his way. Finishes very strong and has the fire you like to see in an OT to maul people. March 18th commitment sounds about right.

With your post in the RF football talk from the Nooga.com, I think we need 2 JUCO OL and 3 HS OL. We are going to be thin after this year.

I agree, 2 JUCO and 3 HS OL sounds about right. Looks like we're in good shape with Blair after reading that VQ article. Hopefully he commits when on campus in a couple weeks or soon after.

-VQ

Plans to be an EE.

Just to add on..

The 6-foot-8, 300-pound tackle said he continues to talk to not only Thigpen, but a number of coaches from Tennessee's staff and is beginning to learn more and more about the Vols.

"I talk to them all the time. I talk to all of them," Blair said. "I knew a lot about them because they were already in my top group, but they told me they have nice facilities, which I already knew that, but they told me they have big plans for me and as far as academic, they have what I want."

Blair is aware of Tennessee's need for impact players along the offensive line next year and understands there's a good opportunity for him to play in Knoxville.

Blair plans on seeing Tennessee soon when he comes home from Garden City, Kan., to Anderson, Ala., for spring break in a few weeks.

"I come home for spring, which is two weeks from now, and I plan on visiting that Saturday which is March 16," Blair said.

He plans on taking in the atmosphere that weekend and seeing what it would be like if he were a Vol.

"I want to see what it's like to play division one football," Blair offered. "I just want to see what it's like. I just want it to feel like home. Wherever I go I just want it to feel like home."

With offers from Tennessee, Kansas State, Mississippi State and Arizona State already in hand, Blair plans to be a December graduate.
-VQ

I agree, 2 JUCO and 3 HS OL sounds about right. Looks like we're in good shape with Blair after reading that VQ article. Hopefully he commits when on campus in a couple weeks or soon after.

Are kyler and posey both tackles?Next year this is it from what I see, I know it doesn't matter:
LT: Richardson* SR, Sanders rsFR
RT: Posey rsJR, Pair SR
RG: Kerbyson rsJR, Wiesman rsFR
LG: Jackson SR, Kendrick rsFR
C: Crowder rsJR,

Last edited:
Are kyler and posey both tackles?Next year this is it from what I see, I know it doesn't matter:
LT: Richardson* SR, Sanders rsFR
RT: Posey rsJR, Pair SR
RG: Kerbyson rsJR, Wiesman rsFR
LG: Jackson SR, Kendrick rsFR
C: Crowder rsJR,

Tiny will likely be going to the NFL after this season. He will be missed next year.

Tiny will likely be going to the NFL after this season. He will be missed next year.

That's why I put an asterisk next to his name cause I think it will depend on the year we have and how he performs against guys like Clowney and Ronald Powell

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back