'14 IL LB Clifton Garrett

He's looking into visiting soon. But per the 247 article, he's feeling tOSU, Ole Miss, and LSU early.

Watching Garrett’s highlight tapes, there’s no question he’s a big, hard-hitting linebacker that projects to play in the middle.
“I’m a pretty good leader,” he continued. “I’m smart and I can play physical, play downhill. I definitely love playing physically, getting into it with those offensive linemen, smacking the fullback and making some plays.”
“Academics are a huge part of it,” Garrett said. “Football’s not always going to be there, so I want a school with great academics that can back me up. Second, I want go to a school with a winning tradition and a great coaching staff that can help me.”

Garrett said he’s in no hurry to put an end to his recruitment, and will likely wait until after his senior year, possibly during the U.S. Army All-American Bowl, to make his commitment.

Reactions: 1 person
“Right now, I have to say LSU is making a huge impression on me, along with Ole Miss, Clemson, Virginia Tech, and Florida is definitely in that league,” Garrett said. “Ohio State is still in there, and Tennessee actually.”

“My mom and I were looking online at Tennessee’s program and we are definitely going to go down there for a visit,” Garrett said. “I want to get out there to see everything in person.”

Scout.com: Standing Out to Garrett

Reactions: 3 people
"I'm starting to focus on the SEC, I want to get out to see UCLA and USC and check out Oregon as well," Garrett said. "Some schools I am thinking about Ole Miss, LSU, Florida, Tennessee is in that mix, USC and Oregon as well."

Exactly! Would love to get him and mom on campus. Seems to be diggin the SEC and I like our proximity to Illinois. Go to work Thig.

Hate to burst that bubble, but Illinois is an extremely tall state and Tennessee is an extremely wide state. Plainfield is up by Chicago, it will take him 9 hours to get to Knoxville. However, proximity doesn't seem to be much of an issue for him, so hopefully Thig can get him in for a visit!

Hate to burst that bubble, but Illinois is an extremely tall state and Tennessee is an extremely wide state. Plainfield is up by Chicago, it will take him 9 hours to get to Knoxville. However, proximity doesn't seem to be much of an issue for him, so hopefully Thig can get him in for a visit!

I was talking more about the proximity compared to LSU and UF, bubble buster :p

To follow up. I do think think that is why we don't get more Chicago kids, which is ripe with talent. Michigan, Notre Dame, MSU, Wisconsin, and OSU are much closer unfortunately.

Sell him on weather.

I lived the next town in on I-55 for four years. The area is still good but not as good as it once was for football.

According to Garrett, the Gators defensive coordinator took in his high school teams morning workout.

"My coach was just telling me that he [Durkin] was pumped up to see me workout and said that I did a really good job and that I have a non-stop motor," said Garrett. "He was just really pumped up about me and wants to get me to campus and get me a chance to see Gainesville more."

Florida wasn't alone.

Southern Cal and Michigan State coaches also stopped by to check in on the four-star linebacker on Monday. To have those three colleges make it in on the first day of the spring evaluation period meant a lot to Garrett.

Garrett will visit Alabama this Friday and then take a trip to LSU on Saturday.

-Rivals

"Hearing Tennessee is now a player for the Joliet (Ill.) Plainfield South five-star LB, and that Garrett and his father will visit the Vols camps this summer.

Garrett visited Alabama and LSU over the weekend and the Tigers are the team to beat.

Other schools in the mix include Florida, Ole Miss, Ohio State and USC."

-Steve Wiltfong, 247

Reactions: 7 people
Holy canoli. Now this would be huge. Preach early playing time in the best league in the country to this guy. And hook him and Hendrix up, get these to Illinois boys here now!

VN Store

Back