215 lbs
40: 4.4
Vert: 34 inches
Broad Jump: 9 ft

Dylan Moses

Scout.com: Dylan Moses Profile

moses.jpg

2012 University Middle Cubs; Dylan Moses Season Highlights - YouTube

I'm sure everyone has heard about this kid, but if not, you need to. Kid is in 8th grade and already has offers from Bama and LSU. He is an incredible athlete at his age. It's safe to say we will eventually offer IMO.

Alabama and LSU have already offered 8th grader Dylan Moses a scholarship | Saturday Down South

Just visited UA with family for Jr Day. Saban working hard on the younger kids. UA also just got a verbal from a safety out of Txeas this past weekend from the 2015 class.

This past jr. day it seemed had more kids from the 15,16 and 17 class than the 14 class.

With the new NCAA rules it will become pertinent to offer guys like this early. You can no longer wait and make sure a guy will pan out. YOu have to get after him early. I hope this kid does well and I am sure he will, but NCAA is going to make recruiting a nightmare. Especially with their, " I can't control it, so anything goes attitude."

Sorry for the rant, but the kid has excellent size and speed for a 13-14 yr old.

Last edited:
With the new NCAA rules it will become pertinent to offer guys like this early. You can no longer wait and make sure a guy will pan out. YOu have to get after him early. I hope this kid does well and I am sure he will, but NCAA is going to make recruiting a nightmare. Especially with their, " I can't control so anything goes attitude."

Sorry for the rant, but the kid has excellent size and speed for a 13-14 yr old.

It's a damn shame that alot of your post is spot on. A lot of kids are going to be hurt with the new rules. It's bad for all involved IMO

Reactions: 1 person
IMO this is where the parents need to step up and handle things. This whole deal with recruiting and the NCAA is going to put so much more focus and importance on the recruits family structure and how things are handled. This quote from an ESPN article is exactly the type of thing I like to read and I think everyone in this situation will have to handle it in a similar way or it could lead down a dangerous road.

The offer from the Tide and the earlier offer from LSU has the 2017 phenom on top of the world, but his father knows it's his job to keep him grounded through the recruiting process. After all, he still has four years before he signs his national letter of intent.

"The attention from those levels of institutions, No. 1 and No. 2 in the SEC and arguably in the country, he feels like a boss, like he's untouchable," Moses Jr. said. "We have to bring him back on down to earth, let him know that he still has to do his work down here to make sure that dream comes true."

Good to read quotes like that from his father.

Reactions: 4 people
he feels like a boss, like he's untouchable," Moses Jr. said. "We have to bring him back on down to earth, let him know that he still has to do his work down here to make sure that dream comes true."

...that's scary for a kids mindset and he hasn't even played a down of HS ball yet.

Reactions: 1 person
Watched his tape. Competition is suspect IMO. Didn't see many future SEC calibre players out there :p

Hopefully it will get completely out of control & parents will rebel & make enough noise that the NCAA will have to change the new rule back. Recruits already say how crazy & hectic it gets & most are only recruited a yr or 2 at most.

His parents will be involved the whole way. His father already post on another board on a regular basis.

oOmcSR8.jpg

On the left is Leonard Fournette, consensus #1 RB and top 5 player in the nation for the class of '14. On the right is 14 year old 8th grader Dylan Moses.

:jawdrop:

Just received an offer from Texas.

6' 1", 215lbs, 4.4 forty? In the 8th grade? Someone check his birth certificate. That is utterly ridiculous! This poor kid almost has nowhere to go but down. Good luck to him.

Crystal Ball prediction on 247 has this kid headed to bayou country. Well fellars time to lock this thread down and go to the next one (sarcasam)

Will mostly play RB or LB but he is only 15 and he could grow.... already timed at 4.46s at a camp at LSU when he was 14. He won't even be able to put on a LSU jersey for 4 more years and a lot could happen.

Peyton Manning didn't even start playing organized football until he was in 7th grade. This is just ridiculous.

VN Store

Back