'14 DC CB D'Andre Payne (UT commit 4/3/13)

ionaVOL

pay.jpgpayne.jpg
Cornerback
Washington, District of Columbia
Friendship Collegiate Academy

Ht:5'9"
Wt:172 lbs
Class:2014

#236 in Rivals250
#175 in Top247 (#215 in Composite)

D'Andre Payne - Yahoo! Sports
D'Andre Payne
D'Andre Payne - Football Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN

Jr Highlights - YouTube
D'andre Payne Jr. Year Highlights - YouTube
So Hightlights - YouTube
#1 D'andre Payne H.D Woodson Class of 2014 - YouTube

"I really like Florida State," he said. "It's just the whole atmosphere. It's just all good people. I went to the Florida game, and people would just start talking to me and we'd be having good conversations. Plus, it's a good coaching staff with Jimbo Fisher."

Payne's other favorites at this point include Auburn, Clemson, Ohio State, Maryland, Michigan and Tennessee. He holds scholarship offers from every school except the Volunteers, but he's receiving heavy interest from the university.

"I have family right in Knoxville," he said, "so I think I could be comfortable there."
-ESPN

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Hopefully we don't slow play this kid too long.

I don't think we will offer or at least not seriously persue him due to all the db's that have Tn connections such as Berry twins and Vic Wharton. I should clarify by saying I know they are not all locks to come here, just saying depending on where Coach Jones they they would play and if this player is just too good to pass and so on. Point being that we will have a lot of db's to choose from I guess.

Last edited:
I noticed Thig is Tabor's recruiter. Would be something if he could land this pair of CB's.

We can't afford to be picky on defense this year like we can on offense. Yes we need OLine but a majority of commits this year will be on defense. Offer them all, at this stage we need anyone and everyone who may want to be a Vol

Reactions: 1 person
'14 CB Payne nabs offer he was anticipating

Wednesday proved to be a busy day for espn watch list prospect D'andre Payne, who picked up four new offers -- including the one for which he's been waiting.

the cornerback out of washington (d.c.) friendship collegiate now holds 32 scholarship offers. The newest came from rutgers, tennessee, vanderbilt and wisconsin.

Payne said earlier this week that seven schools are standing out for him -- and the volunteers made that short list despite having not pulled the trigger. Since that's no longer the case, he's already gearing up to visit knoxville in the near future.

"it feels good, man," payne said. "i'm excited to get down and check everything out."

payne's favorites at this point include auburn, clemson, florida state, ohio state, maryland, michigan and tennessee. He initially wanted to commit before his senior season, but he no longer has a timetable.
-espn

Reactions: 3 people
Friendship is always loaded with talent. Hope we can snag Payne and Tabor and start a pipeline

Might as well throw in Daejuan Funderburk while were at it as well. That has to be a pretty impressive secondary, with three DBs with big time college offers.

"it feels good, man,"

1254172884282.jpg

In all seriousness though, where do we stand with Tabor now? I haven't seen his thread bumped much since NSD or the coaching change.

It's also worth noting that I doubt any of these kids will be an easy pull from Maryland in the end. Locksley went 4 for 4 at Friendship Collegiate Academy last year headlined by Derwin Gray and Yannick Ngakoue.

It's also worth noting that I doubt any of these kids will be an easy pull from Maryland in the end. Locksley went 4 for 4 at Friendship Collegiate Academy last year headlined by Derwin Gray and Yannick Ngakoue.

Wow I didn't even realize that. They both would have been great additions to our class. Hopefully that starts to change this year.

"I don't really have a top-school list, but there's a few sticking out for me," Payne said. "Ohio State, Maryland, Michigan, Clemson, Florida State, Tennessee, Georgia Tech -- those are some that I'm liking right now."

Visiting on March 9th.

Said from the jump Lox would locked down Friendship, Dunbar and GC for Maryland once he got his footing.

Payne is a FSU lean early but it will be a battle to keep him from Maryland come NSD.

From the conversations I have had, IMO Payne, Tabor, their RB Jonathan Haden, and their S Daijuan Funderburk would all be a package deal for the Vols if Tennessee offered Haden and Funderburk.

Reactions: 2 people
From the conversations I have had, IMO Payne, Tabor, their RB Jonathan Haden, and their S Daijuan Funderburk would all be a package deal for the Vols if Tennessee offered Haden and Funderburk.

Haden has a tOSU offer, doesn't he?

Didn't the Vols offer Funderburk under Dooley? We have a thread on him I think.

VN Store

Back