'14 OH TE/DE Ethan Wolf (UT Commit 4/10/13)

“I picked up offers from Kentucky and North Carolina State,” said Wolf Monday evening. “The Kentucky offer was a surprise for me. I’d been in contact with NC State since some of the Wisconsin coaches are now there. I definitely like both schools.”
“I just started hearing from Nebraska today. I’ve also been in contact with Tennessee and Oklahoma."

Ethan Wolf from Minster (OH) Minster H.S. has offers from Indiana, Illinois, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Kentucky, Akron, Bowling Green, Ohio and Toledo. The 6-foot-6, 238-pound tight end is also hearing from Notre Dame, Ohio State, Michigan State, Penn State, Tennessee, North Carolina State and Louisville.

-Rivals

“I got here in 2010,” head coach Nate Moore said, and Ethan was a freshman at that time. He was 6’2, 190-lbs. He was a kid I looked at and said he’s going to play varsity for us somewhere pretty soon, but you didn’t look at him as a freshman and say this is a Division-1 college football player. He’s really worked hard to advance himself physically.”
“He comes from a great family, and through the whole process, he’s kept his head. He’s a coach’s dream. He wasn’t a captain last year as a junior, but to me, you don’t have to be a captain to be a leader. He’s very vocal. Some guys lead by example, and there’s nothing wrong with that, but you need some guys on the team who rally the troops. Ethan is one of those guys.”
Wolf is likely to visit Tennessee and Michigan State in the spring along with anything else he can fit into his schedule. His basketball season ended, but baseball starts up soon, so his calendar will continue to be full. While he does not want to drag the process out, there is no decision date planned.

Wolf hasholds offers from Cincinnati, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisville, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Carolina State, Pittsburgh, South Florida, Akron, Bowling Green, Ohio and Toledo.
“I’m going to Tennessee on Saturday, Michigan State the following Friday and then Indiana on that Saturday.”

"The Tennessee visit i am looking forward to very much. Obviously to get through all the facilities will be exciting as i know they have completed an awesome football facility and they have tons of tradition. In addition i am excited to meet with the coaching staff and to build on what we have going thus far. Coach Elder has done a great job of keeping in touch as well as Coach Stripling. It will be their first annual family day so it will be neat to see the players and their families as well."

Reactions: 1 person
First offer from a real sec team, can't hurt.
I'd take him and coke cook and call it a day at te if possible. I'd offer b lenoir as a preferred walk on. Seems to be we're recruiting a lot of guys who could play multiple positions depending on what the coaches want to do with em(creamer and some instate guys come to mind that fit that mold).

Last edited:
"It was huge," Wolf said. "I've known these guys since they were at Cincinnati. So, there was kind of a relationship between us and them and what they do and how they use the tight ends and through Travis (Kelce) at UC and the way he caught the ball, blocked and everything.

"I thought it was great what we saw. The facilities were outstanding, especially with all the new stuff they put together that they're not even done with. It's great. Neyland Stadium being the third largest stadium in the country is awesome.

"There was really nothing negative about this visit that we had today as far as watching film with (tight ends) coach (Mark) Elder and just getting the whole lowdown on Tennessee."

"It was fun," Wolf said. "We have a pretty good chemistry. I've known them for a long time, for about 15 months since all this started. They were one of my early offers when they were at Cincinnati. So, they really explained to me what they're going to do with the tight end and where they see me fitting in with their program. It was really intriguing to know that I'm not going to be that 'hand-in-the-dirt guy' just blocking all the time. I'm not going to be at wide receiver all the time; I'm going to be part of the offense, one or the other, just being able to flex out and do both."

"It's early yet," Wolf said. "We've got some commitments made for visits just to kind of get out and see what other people have to offer. That's all there is to say about committing. I love it here and there's a lot of good stuff, but there could be some places that are better. You don't know."

"I'd like to see Michigan State to make sure that if I do make a decision that I'm not regretting anything," he said.

-Scout

Thanks, it sounds like he is leaning toward Tn, but that that Mich St is the one school he wants to check just to be sure before committing to us.

No OSU offer yet according to both Rivals and Scout. Wonder how much an offer from them would change things?

Hope he commits soon. Need as many tight ends as we can get.
2+ Creamer who could possibly be a WR or TE would be nice.

I think our staff offered this guy at TE and DE. There was an article saying Coach Strip (DL coach) and Coach Elder (TE/ST coach) both liked him a lot.

Not 100% on this, but he could have been offered at either and might end up choosing DE...

If anyone has better info on this, that would be great..

2+ Creamer who could possibly be a WR or TE would be nice.

I think our staff offered this guy at TE and DE. There was an article saying Coach Strip (DL coach) and Coach Elder (TE/ST coach) both liked him a lot.

Not 100% on this, but he could have been offered at either and might end up choosing DE...

If anyone has better info on this, that would be great..

Indication on 247 was coming as a TE. I could be wrong tho...

VN Store

Back