Memphis Central HS
Memphis, TN
HT: 5' 10"
WT: 170 lbs
40: 4.4
2015 ATH Deddrick Thomas talks Ole Miss - USC Trojans Blog - ESPN
Deddrick Thomas - Yahoo! Sports
Deddrick Thomas - Highlight Videos, Schedule & Roster - Hudl
Sophomore or not, Deddrick Thomas is turning heads -- at several positions.

The versatile athlete from Memphis (Tenn.) Central has played quarterback, running back, receiver, cornerback and safety this season. Assistant coach Bryan Williams has seen it all in 2012.

"He's just that kid that has a lot of athletic ability and can do it all," Williams said. "Just to be a 10th grader [and play that well], that's not everyday at a 6A school."
ESPN

One fast-rising player in the state is Memphis Central athlete Deddrick Thomas. The 5-foot-10, 163-pounder had a banner day in Birmingham last weekend earning a spot on the top performers list, regardless of class.

"I feel like I did great. I probably had a few overthrown balls but overall I think I did good," Thomas said. "The coaches stood out. The receiver coaches were on us and were trying to make us the best we could be."

Thomas already has an offer from Ole Miss and recently visit Tennessee and LSU.

"Up at Tennessee I liked the facilities and the coaches up there and they seemed like they really wanted me. At LSU, what I can I say, I was just happy to be down there," Thomas said.
-Rivals.com.

I hear that Tennessee is Deddrick Thomas Favorite right now. Is Tennessee going to offer this underclassmen out of memphis. Same school as Frank Herron, Cam Clear, Latevious Rayford, and Stokes. Also see Ole Miss and Memphis has already offerd. And hear he will be on campus for the spring game

I hear that Tennessee is Deddrick Thomas Favorite right now. Is Tennessee going to offer this underclassmen out of memphis. Same school as Frank Herron, Cam Clear, Latevious Rayford, and Stokes. Also see Ole Miss and Memphis has already offerd. And hear he will be on campus for the spring game

Is that you Deddrick?

Reactions: 1 person
No just a memphis native close to the memphis high school football wanting to see Tennessee make a push back in Memphis and think by wacthing this kid play he could be the prefect kid to start that pipeline again. Lets win the the whole state Tennessee. We got to get Memphis

Reactions: 1 person
No just a memphis native close to the memphis high school football wanting to see Tennessee make a push back in Memphis and think by wacthing this kid play he could be the prefect kid to start that pipeline again. Lets win the the whole state Tennessee. We got to get Memphis
Last year we got Carr. Really wanted Herron too though.

We also didn't really seem to have interest in Morris (OL from Memphis last year). bUTch is all about "owning the state" so I'm sure of Deddrick deserves the offer, he will get it. Remember signing day for him is over a year and a half away :)

Last edited:
Welcome bigcat,

Always nice to see somebody close to the action post.
Comeback and ignore the jacka$$es, if we have any.

GBO

I understand he is only in the 10th but the reason LSU landed Herron is they were on him first and trust me this kid is special. And just like Hurd will be the face of this class lets gets the face of the 2015 class started . And Thanks for the support tdvol

I understand he is only in the 10th but the reason LSU landed Herron is they were on him first and trust me this kid is special. And just like Hurd will be the face of this class lets gets the face of the 2015 class started . And Thanks for the support tdvol

post frequently please

"I am hearing a lot from*Tennessee*and I think they could be close to offering. I went up there for a visit and kind of fell in love with the school. I cannot really say one thing that I loved, but it just felt good to be there."

"My favorite school growing up was*Ohio State, but right now, I would say Ole Miss, Tennessee,*LSU, and Memphis are my top schools."

-scout

Full Motion/Playmakers Academy 7-on-7 Tryouts Top Performers

10. DEDDRICK THOMAS, ATH, MEMPHIS (TENN.) CENTRAL (2015)
Thomas showed outstanding speed and the ability to cut on a dime while running routes. Thomas looked like a blur on deep routes and left backpedaling defensive backs in the dust on several occasions. Thomas usually makes a name for himself with his consistent hands, and while he wasn't has sharp as he usually is, his ability to get open was very impressive.

-Woody Wommack

Will visit UT, Miss St, Vandy, Bama this spring/summer. Prefers to play slot, UT recruiting as DB. Called Ole Miss his "Second Home." Ile Miss and Memphis are his only current offers

NFTC Birmingham Top Performers

7. Deddrick Thomas, WR, Memphis (Tenn.) Central
An undersized athlete who plays everything for his high school team, Thomas’ performance earned him an offer to The Opening this summer. It came one day after Mississippi State offered him as well. Thomas was quick, explosive and had the right competitive mentality. Size is the concern for Thomas but there’s a reason why Oregon is starting to pursue.

VN Store

Back