'14 TN DT Michael Sawyers (UT Signee 2/5/14)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give me an all TN dline and oline this year no reason not to be able to find good kinsman this year plenty in state.

Michael Sawyers.jpg
defensive tackle
Ensworth
Nashville, TN
HT: 6' 3"
WT: 295 lbs
40: 4.9
Bench: 370 lbs
Squat: 470 lbs
Shuttle: 4.7
Vertical: 27"
Class of 2014
Michael Sawyers

Reactions: 1 person
Anyone know if he is a Vol or Dore fan? That pretty much tells me where he ends up..

Georgia tech, duke, ole miss and miss st have shown interest already also, he took an unofficial visit to vandy this weekend for the jr day camp, I hope we can get him to commit to us, but he said it will be awhile before he is ready to commit, him and Robertson would form a nice duo at dt.

Wow. His highlight film is impressive. One of the most difficult things to get high school players, especially ones as physically gifted as this one, to do is to keep a flat back and use their hands. Both for him are text book and his feet...... He won't lose a lot of time learning the basics. Would love to seem him in orange another four years.

"I love Vanderbilt," Sawyers said, "it's just I've been there so many times now that I want to go out and see some other colleges. I'm going to an Ole Miss junior day on April 5th. I'd like to go to Arkansas and LSU this spring. I've also been talking to Duke, Georgia Tech, Mississippi State, Tennessee and Virginia about visiting. If I don't make it in the spring I'm going to try and make it to as many camps as I can over the summer."

-Scout

Our staff can absolutely not let James Franklin win the mid state area. There is a tremendous about of talent surging out of there that needs to be in orange.

"I like Georgia Tech a lot," he said. "They're recruiting me pretty hard. I like coach [Andy] McCollum."

When Sawyers said he was excited about visiting he wasn't referring to some far-off, hypothetical trip down the road. He's already got something planned and he won't have to wait long.

"I'm going to visit this weekend for their junior day," he said.

It won't be Sawyers' first trip to the school.

"I've been there before. I went down there with my friend to see them play Miami and I liked it a lot. It's right there in downtown Atlanta and I think that's great," he said.

Rivals

I know GT is a great school, but what is this guy thinking? I watched several of their practices and left super unimpressed. The attention to detail was terrible, the players were sloppy, and they were getting away with it. Oh well.

I know GT is a great school, but what is this guy thinking? I watched several of their practices and left super unimpressed. The attention to detail was terrible, the players were sloppy, and they were getting away with it. Oh well.
Maybe he's more concerned with his education...

Getting the top state kids is important, but getting kids like this that are a little bit more under the radar are important as well.
You want the mindset in the state like Louisiana has now, that kids just don't leave.
However prior to Saban at LSU coaches all the time pulled players out of NOLA and Baton Rouge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back