This is what happens when you put a Cincy staff in the SEC

volinexile17

Pickled a ghost runner
Knee jerk reaction. Probably stupid. Still, this is a signing day fail. No reason Auburn's staff closes so strong and ours doesn't.

Reactions: 31 people
it's absolutely stupid. Auburn is closing because their previous staff was still recruiting. Ours was negotiating a buyout

Reactions: 32 people
Knee jerk reaction. Probably stupid. Still, this is a signing day fail. No reason Auburn's staff closes so strong and ours doesn't.

Knee jerk reaction. It is, well... I won't say stupid, just incomplete. I'll amend for you.

"This is what happens when you bring almost any staff in just weeks before NSD."

There. A little better.

Reactions: 15 people

exactly, i called this and was flamed. auburn did a hell of a job with there staff as where tennessee got thigpen. jones is a joke.

Reactions: 6 people
Well, at least we are supposed to get Creamer tomorrow. Guess we can look forward to that. Maybe that long time Vol fan will stick with Tennessee.

Reactions: 2 people
I've been a Tn fan all of my life but I must say our fan base is not realistic. You say we must win to pull recruits. You say we must have more than one good season. Well ole miss and auburn have had neither. Yet they will finish in the top 10. Dooley might not have won but he at least got better classes and did it in less time. This makes no sense and we all just need to be realistic. We have a DC that can not recruit nor an OC that can not recruit. This is just disappointing.

Reactions: 13 people
Auburn's staff already had a top 10 class to RETAIN... we had a class in the 40s that we had to IMPROVE. There's a big difference there.

Reactions: 49 people
I know no one wants to hear it but you are correct, 100%. It was easy to see it coming. But you have to decide if you're in or out for the long haul, because it will get worse. Count on it.

Reactions: 4 people
Cincinnati's recruiting was among the worst in major college football in recent years. Most of that staff is now in the SEC. It's a serious concern.

Reactions: 11 people

Yep. I got crucified in the official signing day thread for saying it but today is disappointing! Sorry but I just can't pretend to be happy about this class. If our goal is to compete for championships, we're simply not going to do it with these kinds of classes. Sorry, I'm glad the young men we got want to be VFL's and all but the reality is they are not going to win a championship at UT. They're just not.

I don't agree about your "Cincy staff" comment though. I won't judge CBJ on this class alone. I'll wait and see how we do next year before I judge him.

Reactions: 2 people
Auburn has a proven record that Tennessee does NOT have.

That record of being able to blatantly cheat, giving recruits ATM cards loaded with money, which are not traceable. They have a history of giving recruits "dates" with known prostitutes and most importantly NOT GETTING CAUGHT.

Reactions: 1 person
Idiotic, stupid reaction by the original OP without ever seeing CBJ work with our team and have a full year under his belt.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back