'14 GA S Cortez McDowell (UT Signee 2/5/14)

UTCVol

Soon.
CORTEZ-MCDOWELL-2_1_16_150.JPG

Safety
Locust Grove, Georgia
Locust Grove
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 200 lbs
Class: 2014 (High School)

Rivals Profile
247 Profile

Vols have offered per Keith Niebuhr.

The Crimson Tide offer came in Saban's offer.

"I did talk to Coach Saban. He's the one who offered me. We were in his office. He was just explaining to us how Alabama works, just about the school and what they're about. He explained the whole academic support system as well. He said if you come to Alabama you're guaranteed a good education because they are ranked No. 2 in the SEC right behind Vanderbilt.

-Bama rivals, 1/27

Bama #2 academically in the SEC? hmmmm

-Bama rivals, 1/27

Bama #2 academically in the SEC? hmmmm

I'd like to know where the statistic came from, too. It may not be too unrealistic depending on the context. I'm sure Bama allows jokes of a major to their football players. UT used to, but not much anymore. I remember reading the programs in the 90's. Every major was "Arts & Sciences."

Needs to work on wrapping up and tackling lower but he's definitely an aggressive in the box type safety and ball player. Really good athlete.

Cortez McDowell’s extensive offer list has grown yet again. Tennessee and Kentucky are the two most recent entrants into the race for the signature of the Locust Grove (Ga.) High School safety. Programs such as Alabama, Florida State and Georgia are among the 13 schools that have already extended scholarship offers to the 6-foot-1, 200-pound junior.

“I will be going to Tennessee this weekend and North Carolina next weekend,” McDowell said. “I will be visiting some junior days and then I will get ready for baseball.”

McDowell compares roaming the outfield to roaming the secondary on the gridiron. His talent on the latter has led to offers from half of the SEC programs.

“Playing in the SEC would be big since that is the biggest conference,” McDowell said. “They have won the last seven national championships so it would be good to play in the SEC.”

McDowell plans to narrow his list down in the summer after baseball season. He hopes to make a few spring practices and at least on scrimmage.

Georgia Tech, Tennessee and Vanderbilt have been recruiting McDowell the hardest in recent weeks.

“I am talking to the defensive coordinators and my position coaches at Tennessee and Vanderbilt pretty hard,” McDowell said. “I probably speak to each school’s coaches twice a week. They are trying to build these relationships fast before other schools come in and build them.”

-ESPN

Also talked a lot about Alabama, Georgia, and Florida State

VN Store

Back