'15 GA DE Arden Key

the 6-foot-4, 205-pound key is another talented end in the 2015 class. The long-armed, reactive and quick end is already one of the most heavily recruited ends in the country with offers from north carolina, tennessee, ucla, vanderbilt, virginia and others. The long armed, rangy end eats up real estate with quickness and stride with the ability to play sideline-to-sideline.

Committed to USCe. For all the right reasons, apparently:

“The academic part, it’s like you have to try to fail,” Key said. “I love the coaches. They are always ready for something. And it isn’t far from home. It gives you a different environment. It’s in the city, but it’s also in the country.”

“The academic part, it’s like you have to try to fail,” Key said. “I love the coaches. They are always ready for something. And it isn’t far from home. It gives you a different environment. It’s in the city, but it’s also in the country.”

Wow. And Columbia sucks.

My guess is he's referring to all the academic support available, not the ease of coursework. If so, he's correct. Not just for South Carolina, but for just about anywhere. Balancing a sport and staying eligible isn't easy for everyone, but with the amount of support available to athletes, you should have to "try to fail".

“I’m listening to every school right now,” Key said. “I have a couple of schools that I know will be in the top five of my list. Those two would be South Carolina and Tennessee.”

ESPN

Ryan Callahan ‏@RyanCallahan247 1m
Elite 2015 DE Arden Key (@_Division1_M3), a former #Gamecocks commit, hearing plenty from #Vols (VIP): Elite 2015 DE Arden Key hearing plenty from Tennessee Vols

“Tennessee is (contacting me) every day. Basically, (they have said) they’re looking for size, length and speed, and they feel like I can fit in their program[.] “I haven’t been up there (to Tennessee). I’m trying to get up there for one of their junior days.”

“Mostly, what I’ve heard was the facilities are nice and they have a great atmosphere,” Key said. “I really heard it from Wesley, my teammate. He went up there, and he told me a lot about it.”

“Right now, I want to take things slow and wait ‘til signing day,” Key said. “But I’ve got a feeling I’m going to make an early (decision) — like, summertime, right before the season — so I don’t have to worry about (recruiting during) my senior year and I can cruise my senior year.”

Said he's spoken to Wesley Green about UT, and he's heard all good things. He said his reason for decomitting from USCe was not because they did anything wrong, but it was because he wanted to see what other schools had to offer. He said that the schools he's hearing from and considering are UT, UGA, and USCe.

Reactions: 1 person
Want x 848483

This guy, Butcher, Phillips, and Rosario would be a sick DE class.

Oh good lord, this kid. A very good prospect, but the comment he made after he committed to South Carolina was definitely stupid. I hope it was taken entirely out of context but I doubt it. Take him if he wants to commit but please no interviews please.

“Tennessee is (contacting me) every day. Basically, (they have said) they’re looking for size, length and speed, and they feel like I can fit in their program,” said Key, who’s ranked by 247Sports as the nation’s No. 63 overall prospect and No. 7 weakside defensive end in the 2015 class.

“I haven’t been up there (to Tennessee). I’m trying to get up there for one of their junior days.”

Key said he has heard good things about the Vols from teammate Wesley Green, a Top247 cornerback who decommitted from South Carolina on the same day Key reopened his recruitment. Green visited Tennessee in April for its spring-ending Ornage and White Game.

“Mostly, what I’ve heard was the facilities are nice and they have a great atmosphere,” Key said. “I really heard it from Wesley, my teammate. He went up there, and he told me a lot about it.”

Govols1187 said...

Ryan do u like our chances on key and green? That must be a crazy defense to have them both on the same team! Also great topic!

Tennessee seems to be out of the picture with Green, but I would say the Vols have at least an outside shot with Key. Georgia and South Carolina appear to be the teams to beat at the moment, but we'll see if Tennessee can get him on campus in the next few months.

You guys can use the report button to bring things to the attention of the mods.

Thanks. :hi:

Oh good lord, this kid. A very good prospect, but the comment he made after he committed to South Carolina was definitely stupid. I hope it was taken entirely out of context but I doubt it. Take him if he wants to commit but please no interviews please.

I definitely didn't take it the way many here did. I read it as if he were saying that with all the academic support at your disposal, that you'd have to try and fail (insinuating that every option was there for you to succeed academically).

I definitely didn't take it the way many here did. I read it as if he were saying that with all the academic support at your disposal, that you'd have to try and fail (insinuating that every option was there for you to succeed academically).
Looking back at the quote, you are right. In fact, I could see some coaches using that quote, verbatim, pretty damn often when recruiting. Our coaches have probably even used the same quote at some point in their careers.

Still, I hope there are better options out there. A kid decommiting so early in the process is usually not a good sign.

Dream Chaser ‏@_Division1_M3 16m
Top 5 college choices. South Carolina
Florida
Florida State
Ole Miss
Auburn
Don't call of Alabama and LSU

Well hopefully we still hav a chance like he was saying. But we hav a great chance with Rascool Clemens, Roseboro, and Kyle Phillips, and even more guys. Still a lot of time for unheard of guys like the Jakob Johnson's or the Jerome Dew's to show out at camps. We will be fine at D end.

Arden Key ‏@ArdenKey 2m
UGA, UT, FL, FSU, BAMA, UCLA, USC, SC, LSU, AU, MIAMI, OLE MISS, NC STATE , & Louisville is the schools I plane on taking a visit to .

VN Store

Back