'15 JuCo DT David "DJ" Jones

BEAST!!

No, seriously I have no idea. If we can't get the better players, we might as well talk up the ones we could have a shot at.

Reactions: 1 person
Name apparently came up on a Clemson Rivals board in connection with Vols.

Interesting. Sounds a bit like a project.

But again, I think the background of CBJ and his staff makes them more likely to develop a guy like this than the last staff. So, we'll see. I'll trust them until proven otherwise.

I wish Crayton's name would come up with some connection to UT...Although the bench reps seems pretty good for high school as long as its at 225 and not 185

Crayton has to be a get if you are even thinking of taking this kid. I don't want to be mean but our staff did take Quinn over Vandenburg. I'd be really mad if we had a chance with a guy like Crayton and we take this on. I don't want to knock on kids as they are better athletes then ill ever be but we are UT. We aren't Carson Newman. We have top of the line facilities and one of the biggest stadiums in the world that on any given night can pack 100000 plus screaming VFLs. Point being we have to get back to it being a privilege to play for UT. It's a privilege to wear the power T and only the best of the best should be able to strap that power T helmet on when Saturdays come around in September!

Reactions: 2 people
View attachment 55993
defensive tackle
Wren HS
Piedmont , SC
HT: 6' 1"
WT: 288 lbs
Class of 2013

Scout.com: D.J. Jones Profile
“Tennessee is going to offer, but they’re waiting on a test score,” Jones said. “I take the ACT in March and I’m preparing for it right now.”

The Vols started recruiting Jones in December and he was able to meet with their head coach recently.

“I met with Coach (Butch) Jones yesterday and he said they wanted me,” said Jones. “He told me that it was all up to me and that he would hold a scholarship for me.”

Jones was impressed with Tennessee’s new coach.

“He’s a good guy,” Jones said. “We sat and we talked for about 20 minutes. He was just straight up with me and I really liked that. They’re definitely my leader right now and if I had the offer I would commit.”

Jones will not make any decisions until he receives his test score in March.

Not a highly sought after recruit, but we need a DT. I trust our staff's evaluation...

Boom!!!!!!!

Not having any stars could give this kid a lot of motivation to show the other kids whats up, it's crazy how he hasn't taken the ACT yet.

Never seen or heard of this kid before but Wren is not known for steller athletes. That being said this could be that 1 in a million shot and I trust CBJ to get it done.

If this kid had the grades and test scores he'd have offers. Would be a steal, at a position of need, in March if he gets a good test score, IMO.

VN Store

Back