'15 DE GA Andrew Butcher (UT Commit 6/8/13)

Ron Swanson

Offense Wins Championships.
296542.jpg

Weakside defensive end
Alpharetta, Georgia
Alpharetta
View Map

Ht:6'3"
Wt:245 lbs
40:4.8 secs
Bench Max:365
Bench Reps:33
Squat Max:500
Vertical:28 inches
Class:2015 (High School)

Andrew Butcher - Yahoo! Sports

Andrew Butcher

Andrew Butcher 2015 DE - Soph Highlights - YouTube

Rumored to be in Knoxville this weekend per Uzzi.

Last edited:
Got an offer today.
Per @Bartsimmons
#Tennessee has offered 2015 DL Andrew Butcher. He's a teammate of Josh Dobbs and in K-town this wkend: bit.ly/Y7GkeY #GoVols

Reactions: 3 people
He's a Clemson legacy, his father Brian Butcher was an OL in the early '80s.

Clemson hasn't offered yet, UT is his favorite...

"I love the campus and how it's set up," Butcher said. "I'd love to go there one day. I love the tradition and how my dad played there. I hope one day I can play big-time college football like that. I love Death Valley, just the environment and the fans, at least most of the time unless they lose to South Carolina."

"Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Clemson, West Virginia and Utah," Butcher listed in order. "Tennessee is my favorite. Their facilities are amazing. Their coaches are real nice. Their stadium is amazing. (Linebackers) coach (Tommy) Thigpen offered me first."

-Clemson rivals

While Simmons predicted Butcher to Clemson, 247 has Tennessee as his leader. He has unofficially visited twice so far (Feb 2 and Mar 16), and will be here tomorrow for the O&W game. If we get another '15 commitment Saturday (which is doubtful), it would be this guy. We have a real lead.

Will likely be a Vol unless Clemson offers. He's a Clemson legacy, if they offer, it's over. IMO

Six-foot-3, 225-pound*Andrew Butcher*is a junior at Alpharetta High, where he is emerging as one of the top defensive-end prospects in the Class of 2015. He says Ritzmann is lobbying for him to attend Tennessee.

"He loves it up here," Butcher said during an unofficial visit to the UT campus, "and he'd like for me to go here."

Brian Butcher, Andrew's father, thinks his son is developing into a big-time prospect under Ritzmann's guidance.

"He took Carl Lawson from an unknown JV (junior varsity) backup to the second-best player in the country," Brian Butcher said. "And a lot of that he owes to Constantin."

"It's a really big deal because I'm very close to my parents and family," Andrew said. "It's important to me."

Butcher, who described Tennessee practices as "fast-paced and physical," got to sit in on one of Stripling's defensive line meetings earlier this spring.

"It was a nice experience, just to see how they react privately to how the coach treats 'em," he said.

"They've gotten much better over the offseason because I train with Constantin Ritzmann, who played here at Tennessee," the prospect said. "They're going to be a lot better than last year."

Andrew Butcher isn't the first member of his family to be recruited by Tennessee. His dad was on the Vols' radar during the Bill Battle years.

"Then Johnny Majors took over as head coach," Brian Butcher recalled, "and he began recruiting more nationally."

-scout

Reactions: 4 people
Tennessee also has a good buzz about itself in the class of 2015 as well. A name to remember is Andrew Butcher.

While he's a Clemson legacy he's been to Tennessee more times than any school and he's grown very fond of Tennessee in the recent months. Look for him to possibly visit again in a few weeks.

-VQ

Reactions: 2 people
Apparently 247 Clemson folks are saying Butcher is going to be a Vol soon...

Butcher does like the Vols alot. His dad played on the national title team at Clemson. Having spoken with his dad multiple times, his dad is helping Andrew manage the process, but has not pushed him in any direction anywhere.

It appears that they are going to come back up in early June to see the Vols again. They were here for a junior day and the orange and white game as well.

- Hubbs

Word is he is a Vol, good pickup for sure. Reminds me of the Overstreet, Ritzmann type. Works very hard, good but not great quickness, smart kid, wont get in trouble.

Good first step for a young guy, will only get better, better then avergae technique already so he will be just fine by the time he get to Knoxville.

He is about 6'3 225, He will grow into 6'4 250 over the next 2 years. He is no Carl Lawson (yet) but if you would have seen Carl 2 years ago nobody thought he would be the best D lineman in the country.

Coaches want him now, huge upside over the next two years.

-Uzzi91

Looks like a Vol to me, sporting the UT hat.

Andrew Butcher ‏@ButcherAndrew1 12 May
Squirrel problem? No problem. pic.twitter.com/PcGldTa0Ct

Attachments

• BKE1cn1CQAAeL0N.jpg
    BKE1cn1CQAAeL0N.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 56
Reactions: 11 people
So nice to have consistent recruiting momentum on the trail!! Haven't got to feel like this in a very long time. It's a breath of fresh air!

VN Store

Back