Are we really actually in it with...

TNHopeful505

E.J. Levenberry (Loved us, Hates Sal, Hated Us, Sal Gone, Loves us, hates FSU, who got Sal, which is where he's currently committed)
Antonio Riles
Mackenzie Alexander (Formerly committed to us)
Carl Lawson (Former Auburn commit. #2 in country)
Maurice Swain (Teammate of Foster I believe)
Jaylen Miller
Derrick Green (Between us and Mich. Announcing 1/26)
Marquez North
Peyton Barber (Formerly committed to Ole Miss)
Vonn Bell
Shelton Gibson (Committed to WVU, most likely out of it)
Johnathan Ford (Vandy Commit, hoping to **** Franklin off)
Jermaine Grace
Christian Morris (UCLA Commit)
Chongo Kondolo
Reuben Foster (Former Auburn Commit)
Jonathan Walton
Davin Bellamy (FSU Commit, looking to flip him)
Keith Bryant
Kaleb Blancher
John Franklin (FSU Commit, looking to flip him)
Arshad Jackson
Tyler Boyd (Committed to Pittsburgh, but who cares?)

Who else? If we even landed 50% of those, it's an amazing class, especially with the ones we already have enrolled.

And who do you think we get from that list?

Nobody can say this staff isn't doing work. I haven't seen recruiting like this since the California Raisins were at UT.

Last edited:
Nobody can say this staff isn't doing work. I haven't seen recruiting like this since the California Raisins were at UT.

Maybe they should be our new recruiting hosts....

raisins.jpg

Reactions: 9 people
Yes to everyone but Alexander, Gibson, Grace, and Foster. I think we will gain ground with Alexander and Grace, but ultimately Grace signs with The U (unless sanctions scare him, then hes a Vol). Who knows with Alexander?

Yes to everyone but Alexander, Gibson, Grace, and Foster. I think we will gain ground with Alexander and Grace, but ultimately Grace signs with The U (unless sanctions scare him, then hes a Vol). Who knows with Alexander?

I just keep hoping that since he committed to us once, he'll do it again. And with this staff, I feel good that he'll like our staff. I think getting him on campus and letting TFair get ahold of him would be a great advantage.

I just keep hoping that since he committed to us once, he'll do it again. And with this staff, I feel good that he'll like our staff. I think getting him on campus and letting TFair get ahold of him would be a great advantage.

I honestly think that even he doesnt know what he wants to do. Kid could go practically anywhere he wants. Tough decision. Hopefully the staff can sauce him up ;-).

Mac and his brother are going to the same school. Unless his brother ends up at Juco or prep. Family has hit really hard times and almost NO way they can see them play at different schools. Reason MSU and Aub(besides the DB coaches) have jumped to the top their list.

like to get a recruit that can defend the pass and tackle or butch teach the ones we had to do it

A little too much Butch-aid for me this morning.

Glad they are/were on the radar with us. Not glad they are on the radar with numerous other programs that have experienced more success than us over the past 5 seasons.

IMO there is a logical reason 3 walk-ons that are primarily back-ups were given schollies by CBJ. Hopefully he is cutting some dead wood on the roster and making room for a class of 25, but it does not appear that will happen. He may be putting all of his eggs in next year's basket. He is Hart's man for the next 4+ seasons, so he is probably getting a pass on what this class looks like in a few weeks.

That being said if he pulls a better than expected class in the Top 15 - he deserves congratulations and job well done type support.

Reactions: 1 person
We will know more after this weekend on some of these recruits. We should know on Monday or Tuesday. Getting these guys on campus & to let them see the sights & facilities does mighty work on some of these guys. It's just a wait & see game on recruiting. Have to have patients my good man.

The walkons will grad this summer and will not affect the quota. Just a very nice gift from a very classy coach!

He will win!!!

Go
Vols!!!!

Reactions: 5 people
E.J. Levenberry (Loved us, Hates Sal, Hated Us, Sal Gone, Loves us, hates FSU, who got Sal, which is where he's currently committed)
Antonio Riles
Maurice Swain (Teammate of Lawson and Barber I believe)
Jaylen Miller
Marquez North
Vonn Bell
Johnathan Ford (Vandy Commit, hoping to piss Franklin off)
Jermaine Grace
Chongo Kondolo
Jonathan Walton
Keith Bryant
Kaleb Blancher
Arshad Jackson

Who else? If we even landed 50% of those, it's an amazing class, especially with the ones we already have enrolled.

Half of them? :lolabove:

I'm thinking we get 2-3 at most.

Antonio Riles
Jaylen Miller
Marquez North
Vonn Bell
Jermaine Grace
Chongo Kondolo
Jonathan Walton
Keith Bryant
Kaleb Blancher
Arshad Jackson

Feel like we get these guys. Any of the others are possibilities obviously but I feel really good about where we stand with the bolded guys.

Antonio Riles
Jaylen Miller
Marquez North
Vonn Bell
Jermaine Grace
Chongo Kondolo
Jonathan Walton
Keith Bryant
Kaleb Blancher
Arshad Jackson

doing work and getting the job done are 2 different things.

Reactions: 2 people
The powers of persuasion are at work, may the force be with our staff. :yes:

This staff has really surprised me. They have done a great job in the little time they've had. Whether we get 2 or get 8 I will be pleased. It seems like every time I turn around Thigpen is communicating with one of these elite players. I realize it's a team effort, but he has certainly stood out. The relationships and work effort he brought with him are invaluable. And on top of that he has been praised as a good teacher of the game as well. Best hire on the staff IMO.

I'm wondering why recruits are committing to the U when they have NCAA knocking at their door.

Getting the visit puts us in play.

VN Store

Back