4882 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on '13 AL QB/ATH Jason Smith Page 5. within the forum Tennessee Vols Recruiting. Originally Posted by SCtiger Top Five SEC athletic facilites according to ESPN: 1. Alabama: It was a tough call between ...

Go Back   VolNation > Tennessee Vols Forums > Tennessee Vols Recruiting

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2013, 11:20 AM   #61 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Mullins2010's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Tennessee
Posts: 3,342
Likes: 1,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCtiger View Post
Top Five SEC athletic facilites according to ESPN:

1. Alabama: It was a tough call between Alabama and LSU for the top spot, but all the renovations to Bryant-Denny Stadium over the past few years gave Alabama the nod. Everything you need is right there at the Mal Moore Athletic Facility, including a full indoor practice complex. Nick Saban also said recently that a new weight room is in the works.

2. LSU: LSU’s Football Operations Center is an all-in-one complex that includes the locker room, weight room, training room, video operations center and the coaches’ offices. Built in 2006, it also has a full indoor practice field and is conveniently located right across the street from Tiger Stadium. LSU spared no expense in building this crown jewel, and the practice fields are all right there behind the center.

3. Tennessee: Not only has Neyland Stadium gotten a multi-million dollar facelift over the past few years, but the Vols are set to move into a new $45 million football facility this fall. The Vols already had an indoor practice facility, and their new digs will include everything from a mixed martial arts fighting cage, to a restaurant, to cell phone recharging stations in the players’ dressing cubicles in the locker room.

4. Georgia: A $40 million expansion and renovation of Butts-Mehre Heritage Hall was completed last year, and the new facilities are as plush as any in the country. There’s not a full indoor practice facility, but a 30-yard field that allows the Bulldogs to warm up. The locker room has a commons area that features televisions, massage centers, computer stations and video game stations.

5. Auburn: The Tigers opened a new $16.5 million, 92,000-square foot indoor practice facility last fall that includes a 100-yard field. Auburn previously had a smaller building that housed a 40-yard field and could only be used for smaller workouts. The facility connects to the main athletic building and student academic center with everything centrally located for the players.
yea I don't buy that
Mullins2010 is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 11:28 AM   #62 (permalink)
Baby Maker
 
Pope John Vol VI's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Church Hill
Posts: 267
Likes: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCtiger View Post
Top Five SEC athletic facilites according to ESPN:

1. Alabama: It was a tough call between Alabama and LSU for the top spot, but all the renovations to Bryant-Denny Stadium over the past few years gave Alabama the nod. Everything you need is right there at the Mal Moore Athletic Facility, including a full indoor practice complex. Nick Saban also said recently that a new weight room is in the works.

2. LSU: LSU’s Football Operations Center is an all-in-one complex that includes the locker room, weight room, training room, video operations center and the coaches’ offices. Built in 2006, it also has a full indoor practice field and is conveniently located right across the street from Tiger Stadium. LSU spared no expense in building this crown jewel, and the practice fields are all right there behind the center.

3. Tennessee: Not only has Neyland Stadium gotten a multi-million dollar facelift over the past few years, but the Vols are set to move into a new $45 million football facility this fall. The Vols already had an indoor practice facility, and their new digs will include everything from a mixed martial arts fighting cage, to a restaurant, to cell phone recharging stations in the players’ dressing cubicles in the locker room.

4. Georgia: A $40 million expansion and renovation of Butts-Mehre Heritage Hall was completed last year, and the new facilities are as plush as any in the country. There’s not a full indoor practice facility, but a 30-yard field that allows the Bulldogs to warm up. The locker room has a commons area that features televisions, massage centers, computer stations and video game stations.

5. Auburn: The Tigers opened a new $16.5 million, 92,000-square foot indoor practice facility last fall that includes a 100-yard field. Auburn previously had a smaller building that housed a 40-yard field and could only be used for smaller workouts. The facility connects to the main athletic building and student academic center with everything centrally located for the players.
How old is this?
Pope John Vol VI is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 12:19 PM   #63 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
SCtiger's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Lowcountry of SC - 6 miles from HHI and 25 miles from Savannah.
Posts: 1,601
Likes: 977
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope John Vol VI View Post
How old is this?
June 2012. Here is the link.

Ranking the SEC's football facilities - SEC Blog - ESPN

Last edited by SCtiger; 01-19-2013 at 12:21 PM..
SCtiger is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 12:40 PM   #64 (permalink)
Trevor, smokes, let's go
 
VolOnthePlains's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Auburn, AL
Posts: 4,557
Likes: 1,565
Auburn's new facilities are nice. Not as nice as UT's but the difference isn't huge.

Hey just like the article says!
VolOnthePlains is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 03:39 PM   #65 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jjay2518's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 5,729
Likes: 1,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCtiger View Post
I'd be curious to see the rankings now that UT's football complex is finished.
jjay2518 is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 03:45 PM   #66 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ACvol3's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Clinton/Knoxville, TN
Posts: 10,182
Likes: 6,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolOnthePlains View Post
Auburn's new facilities are nice. Not as nice as UT's but the difference isn't huge.

Hey just like the article says!
I'd like to know how u are such an expert on everything UT and au... Are u like double agent or something?
ACvol3 is offline  
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 05:17 PM   #67 (permalink)
Trevor, smokes, let's go
 
VolOnthePlains's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Auburn, AL
Posts: 4,557
Likes: 1,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACvol3 View Post
I'd like to know how u are such an expert on everything UT and au... Are u like double agent or something?
I don't know how to answer this. Yes?
VolOnthePlains is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 05:48 PM   #68 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
SCtiger's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Lowcountry of SC - 6 miles from HHI and 25 miles from Savannah.
Posts: 1,601
Likes: 977
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolOnthePlains View Post
I don't know how to answer this. Yes?
Sorry, don't know the story, how did you end up in Auburn?
SCtiger is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 05:55 PM   #69 (permalink)
Trevor, smokes, let's go
 
VolOnthePlains's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Auburn, AL
Posts: 4,557
Likes: 1,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCtiger View Post
Sorry, don't know the story, how did you end up in Auburn?
I went to school there on a full ride. Now I work here.
VolOnthePlains is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 06:05 PM   #70 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
SCtiger's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Lowcountry of SC - 6 miles from HHI and 25 miles from Savannah.
Posts: 1,601
Likes: 977
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolOnthePlains View Post
I went to school there on a full ride. Now I work here.
Last time I was there was a couple of years ago for a game. Lots of changes since my son graduated in the mid-1990's.
SCtiger is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-30-2013, 11:06 AM   #71 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
onefesternation's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 892
Likes: 640
Bump. What in the world happened with this guy? He was expected for an OV, and nothing really has been said since. Would be a great addition, IMO. Did we just decide to pursue Dobbs instead? Were we looking at him as only a QB anyway? Apologies for bumping with questions only, as opposed to actual info.
onefesternation is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 06-27-2013, 09:51 AM   #72 (permalink)
the.oci.vol@gmail.com
 
OCIVol's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: @OCIVol
Posts: 8,105
Likes: 10,594
Did not qualify and is heading to prep school (Fork Union, VA)
OCIVol is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27