Matthew Pyke 2014 OL/ Long Snapper 6'3 297

kidwell087

Matthew Pyke 6'3" 297LB Junior Year Highlight Video - YouTube

Matthew Pyke is a local kid from Anderson County High school getting a lot of looks from D-1 school across the country. He is 6'3 297 and plays with a lot of heart. Currently rated by 24/7 sports as the 14 prospect in the state and the #4 overall center in the country for the class of 2014. Kid wants to be a VOL and has visited Miss State, FSU, Fl, GA, and Tennessee. He is currently competing in the Army All American Combine for a spot to play in the game next year.

Pyke on Cats' radar
Recently Cats Illustrated reported on junior offensive lineman Matthew Pyke from Clifton (Tenn.) Anderson County. He took an unofficial visit to Lexington for the Mississippi State game, and it appears he will be recruited over the next year.

Matthew Pyke took an unofficial visit to UK for the Mississippi State game.
Pyke left town without an offer but the coaches got to meet him face to face and more importantly the 6-foot-3, 297-pound guard passed along his film. What the coaches see could determine a lot about Pyke's standing with the Wildcats.

"I liked the trip a lot. I thought it was really nice," Pyke said after returning home to the Volunteer State.

"We didn't tour the campus but we got to go over and watch the Cat Walk. We were in Nutter for a while and I liked all of that a lot. I got to talk to coach (Mike) Summers and another recruiter and I gave them my highlight film and resume to one of their recruiters. Coach Summers said he couldn't come and see me until after the season but he said he was coming by my school."

The only negative for the day might have been that Pyke didn't really know anybody at the school going into it, so he spent much of his time on his own.

"It was really the one trip where I didn't find one recruit to really talk to but there were other guys there," he said.
Rivals
This is from October

If he remains decently rated and has this type of size, I can't see Coach Jones not offering this kid. Coach has emphasized numerous times how he wants to "win the state". A local boy with UT passion, a lot of size, and a huge heart for the game and the program = a scholarship offer IMO. Keep working hard and i'm sure his offer will come.

Is it me or does he not look like a young Phil Fulmer in this photo?

MATTHEW-PYKE_8_16_150.JPG

Reactions: 4 people
Apparently Miss state is all over Pyke..we deff need to step up our game for him..Pyke can play center r guard..4th overall center in the class and did very well at he All-Anerican combine.

I really hope we pursue this kid. Looks like he could be an absolute road grader at center.

Matthew is now rated as the 28th overall prospect by big spur of 24/7 sports..Butch need to get on him..Memphis came to his school on Monday but they were closed due to snow..coming back this week though.

VN Store

Back