Cypress Bay
View Map
Ht:5'10"
Wt:195 lbs
Class:2013 (High School)

Matt Dayes - Yahoo! Sports
Matt Dayes
Scout.com: Matthew Dayes Profile

New Scout article citing Tennessee interest.
Scout.com: Another runner on the radar

Nice highlights. Wonder what his 40 time is. At times he seemed sluggish and was caught from behind a bit. Good hands and ability to catch out of the backfield. Fits Jones offense I guess. I will have faith in the coaches and their ability to evaluate players and coach them up to their system.

GO VOLS!

Doesn't give me a good feeling about landing bigger name backs if we are showing intrest in lesser backs this late in the process

Reactions: 2 people
Doesn't give me a good feeling about landing bigger name backs if we are showing intrest in lesser backs this late in the process

yeah definitely, but I mean nothing is for sure anyway. You always want to have a back up, in case things go south.

I watched him in the 8A state championship against Apopka and he was impressive in a losing effort. Wouldnt be a bad back up plan if some bigger names dont work out.

Reactions: 1 person
I like that he is a downhill runner... doesn't do a lot of dancing and try to be something he is not. He gets the ball and goes north/south... something we have lacked for a few years.

Dayes was named the Broward County 8A-7A-6A Player of the Year last week, ahead of better-known names like Alex Collins and Stacey Coley. He finished the year with 253 carries for 1783 yards (7.0 ypc) & 25 TDs.

A strong, powerful runner who only seemed to get stronger as the season went on, Dayes proved he had the ability to carry the load for a run-heavy Cypress Bay team. The N.C. State commit ran for a game-high 170 yards and four touchdowns to help the Lightning finish as the state runner-up. “He’s a great human being who leads by example. He’s quiet with a 3.3 GPA in the classroom. I didn’t believe how much stronger and faster he got. He was at the best at the end of the year. He really took to the conditioning part. We run more than anybody, and right before the playoffs, he just won every sprint. He pushed himself. His change of direction, his explosiveness, he was just phenomenal,” said Lightning coach Mark Guandolo.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/media/acrobat/2012-12/214439920-24110432.pdf

Supposedly, Scout is reporting a UT offer now.

Chris Smith ‏@ChrisSmithXOFan
2013 RB Matt Dayes - Cypress Bay HS (FL) had a in-home visit today with #Tennessee. Dayes came away very impressed. #Vols #SECXoFan

Dayes was named the Broward County 8A-7A-6A Player of the Year last week, ahead of better-known names like Alex Collins and Stacey Coley. He finished the year with 253 carries for 1783 yards (7.0 ypc) & 25 TDs.

A strong, powerful runner who only seemed to get stronger as the season went on, Dayes proved he had the ability to carry the load for a run-heavy Cypress Bay team. The N.C. State commit ran for a game-high 170 yards and four touchdowns to help the Lightning finish as the state runner-up. “He’s a great human being who leads by example. He’s quiet with a 3.3 GPA in the classroom. I didn’t believe how much stronger and faster he got. He was at the best at the end of the year. He really took to the conditioning part. We run more than anybody, and right before the playoffs, he just won every sprint. He pushed himself. His change of direction, his explosiveness, he was just phenomenal,” said Lightning coach Mark Guandolo.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/media/acrobat/2012-12/214439920-24110432.pdf

Go get him coach!

VN Store

Back