'13 OH WR Shelton Gibson

tumblr_lqgl1npFAM1qltqnp.gif

gotta think tOSU leads just cause urban and blah. But hopefully we pull this kid.

This guy sounds great. We are already in his top 4.

CBJ is a fearless recruiter. He is just going after the guys he wants, regardless of who we are competing with and the late date in the process. I like it. This class may finish better than I expected.

CBJ is just as relentless as Lane Kiffin and Nick Sabin only he is nowhere near an @$$ hole the other two are. I think we ended up with the right guy,

Reactions: 1 person
CBJ is just as relentless as Lane Kiffin and Nick Sabin only he is nowhere near an @$$ hole the other two are. I think we ended up with the right guy,

I think so too. I'm trying not to get too excited because it is so early on, but his energy level is off the charts and he seems to be a really likable guy. Tennessee should be an easy place to sell, and he is a great salesman. I'm starting to think he has what it takes to be great recruiter. We will see.

As long as this means they know they are not getting North, this is great! The fact that he is trying to set up OV means he has serious interest which says a lot about how well they are recruiting with limited time!

North and this kid are two totally different players. I like our chances with North if he visits here.

Shelton has wheels and a Great Stride.

once he gets that step, strike up the band.

Hope we can sway him.

North and this kid are two totally different players. I like our chances with North if he visits here.

I agree...North seems like a guy we will use much like Florida used Harvin...move him all over the place and just get the ball in his hands...this kid seems more like a pure WR

"Just talked with Cleveland Heights, Ohio four-star WR Shelton Gibson down here in San Antonio at the US Army All-American Bowl. He says Tennessee has made a big move for him recently and they now sit in his top four with an official visit likely to be scheduled in January. He was close with Coach Thigpen when he was at Auburn and he has known many on Jones' staff since they were at Cincinnati. Ohio State is still the leader there with West Virginia and Kentucky rounding out the top four. Plans to make a Signing Day decision."
-Josh Helmholdt post on VQ

I watched smith in the state game and I was like wtf why did we offer this kid. His team mate out performed him.

Did you see any of his other games? Sometimes Zach Rogers had better stats than CP. there is more to it than just a one game sample

Reactions: 1 person
Not sure why people continue to bash Smith. He's a vol, let it go. No amount of your crying is going to change it.

I'll take a WR corps of North, Gibson, Harriss, and Smith

WRU !!!

Would be an impressive haul after last year's coup.. Imagine this group with Croom, Pig and Drae getting minutes this year.. (with hopefully CP of course)

VN Store

Back