'15 TN DT/OL Zach Stewart (UT Signee 2/4/15)

kamoshika

After racking up 117 tackles, 23 TFL and 14 sacks this year, Stewart (6-4, 265, Coalfield HS) was named to the 1A all-state team as a sophomore. Already a 3-year starter, he's a small-town guy who may very well have big-time talent.

Zach Stewart

Zach Stewart - Yahoo! Sports

Football Recruiting - Zach Stewart - Player Profiles - ESPN

Scout.com - College and High School Football, Basketball, Recruiting, NFL, and MLB Front Page

Zach Stewart - Hudl

Stewart totally dominated this camp from an athletic point of view and a physical point of view. It's hard to believe that someone this young and big is so athletically gifted. He must have taken 25 reps of one-on-ones going against all challengers losing only one rep. He is a natural hip and knee bender with the strength to totally stonewall smaller quicker pass rushers. Stewart proved to be very tough playing with an attitude bent on destruction. There was no question about who the most dominant OL/DL was in this camp. His herculean effort earned him OL MVP.
Top Prospect Elite - Class of 2015/2016 Top Performers - National Underclassmen | Football Combines | Football Recruiting | Football Camp & High School Football Showcase

Zach Stewart OL MVP Top Prospect Elite Combine 2012 Highlights - YouTube

Stewart has been a terror on defense and a monstrous blocker on offense. He won offensive lineman awards galore in the offseason at various camps and brought that play to the field this fall.
PrepXtra Files: Coalfield lineman Zach Stewart » Knoxville News Sentinel

XDICBKKIMYHUYSG.20120726205842.JPG

942927_t160.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
How is he a 3 year starter if he is class of '15? Does varsity football start in 8th grade in Tennessee?

Yes, it can. Actually many states allow it. Not many schools take advantage of it though, due to safety concerns. 1A school with a great 8th grader.

:eek:lol:Need to recruit when that start playing peewee football, dont wait till there in the 8th grade.

How is he a 3 year starter if he is class of '15? Does varsity football start in 8th grade in Tennessee?

I have heard about 8th graders playing on High school golf teams, so I believe there are ways of getting around it.

Jeff Smith abd Robby Scott did in Meigs Co. As long as the schools are under the same roof they can .

Aight. I believe ya'll.
It happens here is an article from August in the Chattanooga Times Free Press

Eighth grader Walker 1-0 as Prep QB

Last Friday night many 13-year-olds were home playing video games or at the movies or somewhere hanging out with friends and being carefree. Evan Walker was busy calling signals, trying to read defensive coverages and going through his progressions as a quarterback in a high school football game.

Seems like a very talented kid. the only thing I'm worried about is the competition that he plays against. I've saw the teams that play in 1A,and they are not to great for the most part.

Here is another video from youtube of them interviewing him after his camp performance!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZF_fz3ZzZP4&NR=1&feature=fvwp[/youtube]

Reactions: 4 people
Coalfield is one of the top 1A schools in the state went 11-2 this past year losing to the eventual 1A State Champions Gordonsville in the Semifinals.

6'4, 265 already he could be 6'6, 290+ by the time he graduates! The way he looked on video he looks to be a OL only and could be a very good one.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Coalfield, Tennessee
Coalfield
Height: 6'5"
Weight: 280
Class: 2015

"Stewart will attend Tennessee's Junior day on Saturday. He's received mail from the Vols, LSU, Vanderbilt, Georgia, Kentucky and others. If Tennessee does offer, Stewart will have a hard choice to make because a chance to play for the orange and white has been a lifelong dream.

"It would mean the world," Stewart said. "I haven't met any of the coaches yet, but it's been my dream since I was a young boy. I don't know what else other schools have to offer, but Tennessee has always been my first choice."

Stewart worked with current VFL coordinator Antone Davis before the former Vol was hired by Tennessee."

- VQ

Reactions: 6 people

VN Store

Back