'13 JUCO DB Riyahd Jones (UT commit 12/21/12)

It's almost like the new staff has realized how slow our secondary was and is in need of a major improvement in speed.

Reactions: 3 people
I think the guys paid millions of $ to coach football know what they are doing more than you or me for that matter.

Classic rebuttle. I'm not saying they don't see potential in him, and fwiw I hope he accepts and is the next defensive Heisman candidate... but why we'd be offering this guy, of all choices, when we aren't even on his school list is beyond me.

Reactions: 2 people
It's almost like the new staff has realized how slow our secondary was and is in need of a major improvement in speed.

Raw speed to makeup bad play would have been nice this year. We've got poor technique on lock down so in that battle I'll take the guy that can makeup ground and tackle at the 5 yard line as an improvement.

Reactions: 1 person
"Indiana has great facilities, a great young staff, and an opportunity to start in the spring as well," comments Jones on the Hoosiers, who are using Oklahoma grad Brandon Shelby and K-State's own Mike Ekeler to handle this recruitment. "Plus, I have a friend from Georgia there and it's fairly close to home.

"The cons with them are that I haven't been speaking with them for very long and they play in the Big Ten, which has never been a conference that's been high on my list."

"With Ole Miss, well, obviously it's the SEC," continued Jones on his breakdown of each school. "They have a great position coach in Wesley McGriff, it's closest to home, and since I got to see a game there, I loved the atmosphere with Coach Hugh Freeze turning the program around."

"The con on Ole Miss is that they have some guys coming back, so even though I could still see the field, it's not as certain. Also, they haven't been as consistent as of late as maybe the other two."

- K. State rivals site from yesterday

Article also says he plans to announce tomorrow.

All I noticed while watching his high school highlights is that he seems to have good speed, good hips, and a nose for the ball. Haven't seen his JUCO highlights, but it does seem like he's improved his speed a little while there. Speed kills and you can't teach it, just look at our secondary from last year. Pretty sure Teague and Waggners cleates are still stuck in the quicksand.

Interesting. I didn't know I'd get bashed for having an opinion. Sorry, I'm deployed right now... Can't apply.

Not trying to bash you and sorry if it came off as harsh it's just with almost every recruit someone has something negative to say.I think we need to give CBJ the benefit of the doubt when it comes to evaluating talent, at least until he proves that he can't.Once again, if I seemed harsh I apologize.

VN Store

Back