POSITION - WR
JERSEY - #2
St. Paul's High School
Covington, LA
5'10" 145 lbs
CLASS OF 2015

Jalen McCleskey
Jalen McCleskey - Yahoo! Sports

Vol legacy. Son of JJ McCleskey. Per Carlos of VQ, Jalen sent out his first highlight tape from his Sophomore season to schools including UT. He was contacted by LSU and Vandy and will camp at both schools in the Summer. He doesn't have profiles on Rivals, Scout, or 247 yet but here are some links and his Highlight reel.

Jalen McCleskey Statistics & Photos & Videos & News - St. Paul's Football V/JV
Jalen McCleskey (St. Paul High School) Football Stats - MaxPreps
Jalen McCleskey - Highlight Videos, Schedule & Roster - Hudl

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2m7EBT-5wQ[/youtube]

Last edited:
Coach Majors always had good things to say about JJ. Played with a lot of heart. Hope his son develops into a great prospect and blood runs orange!

Reactions: 2 people
So Carlos, will this kid be a Vol if offered? Every other program in the country gets to rely on these type of legacies committing without a problem. Do we get that luxury with him and all the other legacies in next years class?
---------------------------------------------
He loves Tennessee...that is the only program he is really familiar with...........

Response to question by Carlos. He is also going to his first combine in California in 10 days.

Their are two boy's here in Meig's Co. that will be freshman next year that you will start hearing about . One is a runningback Zy Moore his uncle played for U.T. and Seattle Seahawk's and he is special !!! The other is Cameron Harris @ 6 foot 2 wide reciever that is awesome too. If you can go and see these boy's play !!! U. T. are looking @ both in the 8th grade already .

Reactions: 1 person
If he has half the heart and work ethic J.J. did, I say offer him right now and hope he commits!!!
J.J. would do anything during his playing days to help the vols win!

I heard Swain and Treece talking about this kid the other day. Sounded like they thought this kid was a STUD. FWIW.

I'm feeling old. Remember watching JJ play.

Lived in Reese Hall the same time as JJ and played intramural football against him before he walked on the team. Can't believe how quickly the time has gone and that he now has a kid that's a prospect. Lets keep the legacies coming home to Knoxville.

If he has half the heart and work ethic J.J. did, I say offer him right now and hope he commits!!!
J.J. would do anything during his playing days to help the vols win!

This! J.J. McCleskey is what being a Tennessee Vol is all about. Small in stature, ginormous in heart and determination. Would take a class full of J.J. McCleskey's and be happy. The guy was a winner!!

Reactions: 3 people
Lived in Reese Hall the same time as JJ and played intramural football against him before he walked on the team. Can't believe how quickly the time has gone and that he now has a kid that's a prospect. Lets keep the legacies coming home to Knoxville.

He lived in Grieve Hall. 5th floor. I lived on the 4th floor. Everyday, he'd get in the elevator telling us what kind of stud he was going to be. Because he was a walk on, we rolled our eyes. Needless to say, we ate serious crow a few years later.

"It was great," the the 5-10, 150 pound receiver said. "I felt at home. Everyone treated me well."

The elder McCleskey was impressed with his alma-mater. McCleskey said the Vol facilities were unmatched by anyone around the SEC. But it was his son who was really leaving the impressions.

"I felt like I did well," said McCleskey, who wears a size 13 shoe and is not done growing. "My forty time was good and I felt like I ran my routes well.

"I felt like I had performed pretty well and I think the coaches were surprised by how I did. I felt like how they were talking to me and looking at me at the end of camp was different than how they were early in camp."

"It's over right now for the summer," McCleskey said of recruiting. "We are going to get back and practice with my team and get ready for the season. My goal is for us play well and win the state." "It doesn't matter how big you are. If you can play, you can play."

-VQ

150 lbs and a size 13 shoe? This kid is all feet.

I read this article, there is a part left out of that quote where it talks about how he has since grown 3 inches and gained 20 lbs of muscle and now wears a size 13 shoe and may still be growing...

So my take on that is he is about 6 1' now 170.

I am also one of those guys the same age as jj and was a ut student with him. I loved watching him play! He gave it all every play. Majors loved him. He played on both sides of the ball and in the nfl for a while. His son has came a long way in speed and strength from this time last year. In another year he could be running very close to a sub 4.4 40. As jj says... You can't hide hard work!!!!!

I don't think I ever saw jj on campus that he wasn't decked out in all orange ut gear! He would be smiling and talking to everyone.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back