3192 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV Page 347. within the forum Tennessee Vols Recruiting. Seems like the NCAA sees the writing on the wall. It's in their best interest to start cooperating with schools ...

Go Back   VolNation > Tennessee Vols Forums > Tennessee Vols Recruiting

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2013, 04:39 PM   #5191 (permalink)

Seems like the NCAA sees the writing on the wall. It's in their best interest to start cooperating with schools rather than pissing them off.

I'd like to see revenue of just the SEC compared to the entire NCAA when it comes to football.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:40 PM   #5192 (permalink)
the.oci.vol@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by HialeahGator View Post
kid just doesn't get it and needs help.

SN: what does this have to do with NCAA or recruiting?
We take our shots when we can...it's all we've had recently
Old 01-10-2013, 04:42 PM   #5193 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTMark View Post
More easy electives.
Still have to graduate. That won't help with that
Old 01-10-2013, 05:05 PM   #5194 (permalink)

"Green - Still in it, if he visits this month I think it helps, but I don't think he's done to anywhere.

Kamara - Vols have some momentum and they have his attention. But, I don't think we get a good feel until he visits next weekend.

Lawson - Clemson/UT battle right now, but Auburn isn't going away. The family likes the Vols, but I think Carl has an affinity towards Clemson. This is another one I think we're going to have to wait until he visits.

North - We'll see if he makes it in this weekend. If he does, that really helps Tennessee. They will have to weather the North Carolina visit next weekend which won't be easy.

Kemp - Will visit Kentucky this weekend and Tennessee next weekend. I think he's more open than people are thinking.

Ford - I think Tennessee has him interested and listening, but he really likes Vandy. Was in Nashville for their bowl game.

C. Morris - If he visits, I think Tennessee would be in really good position. He's always liked Tennessee.

Bryant - We'll see if he actually makes it in that weekend. FSU is the strong leader.

Bellamy - I think he's pretty open. UGA, AU and FSU are all still in it. I'll be interested to hear what he says coming out of this weekend.

Foster - Still think it's a long shot.

Grace - He's visiting this weekend, but Miami leads.

Bell - I think Ohio State has definitely crept up for him. Will take a doozy of a weekend for the Vols to get him, but they are working hard."

- Fortenberry
VN Likes: 2
Old 01-10-2013, 05:42 PM   #5195 (permalink)

Location: Lowcountry of SC - 6 miles from HHI and 25 miles from Savannah.
Bayside Academy (Ala.) LB Jonathan Walton has received offers from Auburn and Tennessee. Walton has already visited Minnesota and Penn State, the school he's committed to. He plans to visit South Carolina on Jan. 18. He's thinking about visits to Tennessee and Auburn and deciding on dates.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:52 PM   #5196 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
"Green - Still in it, if he visits this month I think it helps, but I don't think he's done to anywhere.

Kamara - Vols have some momentum and they have his attention. But, I don't think we get a good feel until he visits next weekend.

Lawson - Clemson/UT battle right now, but Auburn isn't going away. The family likes the Vols, but I think Carl has an affinity towards Clemson. This is another one I think we're going to have to wait until he visits.

North - We'll see if he makes it in this weekend. If he does, that really helps Tennessee. They will have to weather the North Carolina visit next weekend which won't be easy.

Kemp - Will visit Kentucky this weekend and Tennessee next weekend. I think he's more open than people are thinking.

Ford - I think Tennessee has him interested and listening, but he really likes Vandy. Was in Nashville for their bowl game.

C. Morris - If he visits, I think Tennessee would be in really good position. He's always liked Tennessee.

Bryant - We'll see if he actually makes it in that weekend. FSU is the strong leader.

Bellamy - I think he's pretty open. UGA, AU and FSU are all still in it. I'll be interested to hear what he says coming out of this weekend.

Foster - Still think it's a long shot.

Grace - He's visiting this weekend, but Miami leads.

Bell - I think Ohio State has definitely crept up for him. Will take a doozy of a weekend for the Vols to get him, but they are working hard."

- Fortenberry
Sooooo.....your saying there's a chance! Hahaha I thought he predicted us pulling some studs down the stretch.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:19 PM   #5197 (permalink)
Old Geezer

Cincy recruit blasts Tuberville

Ex-football recruit on Tommy Tuberville: ‘It’s a bad situation’ | AJC College Sports Recruiting
Old 01-10-2013, 06:48 PM   #5198 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL23 View Post
Can't stop laughing!!! I think that was actual rare footage of Palardy as a kid.
If that is him as a kid then he has gotten worse with age.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:26 PM   #5199 (permalink)
Brickin'

ok so UNC, like Clemson are having huge recruiting weekends. anyone care to figure out who is going to those two schools the next two weeks that we are also recruiting heavily?
babyavi is offline   TOP
Old 01-10-2013, 09:35 PM   #5200 (permalink)

All I know is that every Sunday night for the next 3-4 weekends I will be glued to volnation waiting to hear how the visits went. I also understand this is the thick of silly season in recruiting but I somehow come back and fall for it every January and February.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:42 PM   #5201 (permalink)
The TakeOver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemvolsince54 View Post
No disrespect to Monday and his family, but if you havent heard from the new head football coach in weeks, you either call him up or start making different plans.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:45 PM   #5202 (permalink)

Sounds like NSD is going to be a very restless day. Its been reported that north and Kamara are waiting til the day of. That's brings alot of questions into play regarding our numbers game.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:47 PM   #5203 (permalink)

If kamara goes to Alabama to maybe play corner and return kicks he'll regret it.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:01 PM   #5204 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinVol View Post
Sounds like NSD is going to be a very restless day. Its been reported that north and Kamara are waiting til the day of. That's brings alot of questions into play regarding our numbers game.
Could go from being a very depressing day, to a day with a big commitment, to Tennessee, yes our Tennessee Vols being the talk of national signing day.

If I was CBJ, and I could make that kinda NSD impact nationallly, I would see if I could get the kids on board.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:03 PM   #5205 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinVol View Post
The last few have been very restless...
Closed Thread