'15 TN RB Ethan Thomas

vol81

Elizabethton Soph rushed for 255 yds 2 TDs on 27 carries in the state quarterfinal game last night against Sullivan North. Been over 100 yds in 12 games this yr.
6-1 190, good speed, vision and natural instincts. Averaged 8 yds per carry for the year. Definitely a sophomore to watch.

CAK will see him first hand next friday in the state semifinals.

Elizabethton Soph rushed for 255 yds 2 TDs on 27 carries in the state quarterfinal game last night against Sullivan North. Been over 100 yds in 12 games this yr.
6-1 190, good speed, vision and natural instincts. Averaged 8 yds per carry for the year. Definitely a sophomore to watch.

CAK will see him first hand next friday in the state semifinals.

Keep an eye him! Young in state talent needs to be taught early on, there is none other but Tennessee ! :yes:

He is good RB.That game gave him close to 2000 yards for the year. I will be going to watch next Friday.

Shawn Witten was not offered by UT. He would have went if offered. Shawn was a grad assistant at UT for two years under Phil after he finished his VT career. He and his staff are UT fans. They play a huge role in running Jason's football camp at Betsy in June, which is the largest free football camp in the nation.
As for Ethan Thomas, he will likely be major D 1.

"A trip to the state semi-finals and over 2000 yards rushing is a rare year for an upperclassman, let alone a sophomore. For Elizabethton, Tennessee native Ethan Thomas, it was what he hopes is the beginning of much more to come.

"Coming in I thought it was possible because coach (Shaun) Witten always says to run hard and it will take you where you want to go," Thomas said. "I had high hopes and I spent a lot of time with my lineman. I stayed motivated and it turned out to be a good year."

"Personally I like contact," Thomas said. "I like to run through people. Coach Witten wants me to use my toolbox more because he wants me to be healthy and not go for the contact every time."

"He (Jay Graham) played at Tennessee and was a good player," Thomas said. "He also went back and got his degree when he and coach Witten were (Graduate Assistants). He was the only coach to stay on the new staff. He wants me to come up in January and check things out."

"I like their campus," Thomas said. "They have strong academic programs and I want a good coach that cares about me and my academics."

- VQ

He breaks tackles like nobodies business. Natural looking bruiser RB with good speed and vision. Very nice film.

Shawn Witten was not offered by UT. He would have went if offered. Shawn was a grad assistant at UT for two years under Phil after he finished his VT career. He and his staff are UT fans. They play a huge role in running Jason's football camp at Betsy in June, which is the largest free football camp in the nation.
As for Ethan Thomas, he will likely be major D 1.

I've met and known the kid and his family a little bit. He is an even better person than he is player. Has a very good head on his shoulders, and a family that keeps him grounded. Know a guy that is a coach at a FCS school that was at one of his games looking at another kid, and he said "that kid is out of our league, he is a legit D1 kid." CJG has already been by and wants him to come up in January.

Thomas finished the year with 2097 yards on 267 carries (7.9 ypc) and 19 TDs.

Watched this kid on TV in the state title game against CAK. A good promising future for this young man.

I talked to a football coach who knows this kid the other day and he told me CJG is all over this kid already. Doesn't hurt that his head coach's brother is Jason Witten. Of course, Shawn went to Va. Tech.

With 5.5 seconds left in the first half, Witten called timeout and planned a special play from Boone's 42-yard line. When he saw Boone's defensive alignment, he changed to a run — basically just a play to end the half.

Thomas took the ball, and bowled his way up the middle. With Boone defenders left in his wake, he broke to the sideline. It still appeared unlikely he would score, and time had already expired.

But Thomas kept battling, and Boone couldn't bring him down. He didn't have an answer for how many tackle attempts he ran through. “I don't know,” said Thomas with a smile. “I didn't count. The line blocked great, opened a hole, and I went through it and scored. We just needed a spark, and the line did it, not me.”

Thomas rushed for 161 yards in the first half alone, and finished with 16 carries for 224 yards and two touchdowns.

“He's a really special athlete,” said Boone head coach Jeremy Jenkins. “One thing he does better than any back I've seen is he runs through contact.”

Cyclones blank 'Blazers | Johnson City Press

Thomas is the real deal. I hope coach Jones and his staff are taking note.
His stock will only rise as the season progresses. Elizabethton plays a pretty tough schedule this year.......Science Hill next week; Tennessee High, Sullivan South......
so his numbers will be against good competition.

Great stats but I'd wait to be too excited boone is projected to have their worst season in a decade.

Great stats but I'd wait to be too excited boone is projected to have their worst season in a decade.

He had over 2000 yds as a soph while sharing carries with two senior RBs, and carried the team into the state semi's. Ask CAKs fans if he is the real deal.........

Watched him from the sidelines versus Science Hill last season. I was very impressed. Runs hard and is very physical.

VN Store

Back