'15 VA CB Garrett Taylor

Wow! They have offered a private school kid in CVA for 2015 but havent offered a number of 2014 talent. Doesnt make sense. St Chris plays weak @$$ competition.

Wow! They have offered a private school kid in CVA for 2015 but havent offered a number of 2014 talent. Doesnt make sense. St Chris plays weak @$$ competition.

we have the most offers out right now out of all SEC schools. weve offered over 120 kids in the 14 class already

This clown Knows the deal in CVA way more than you do. St Chris is a joke. By the way , how did that DG thing work out for you? Glad hes gone to a little 10 school. And you talk about me complaining ....thats all you guys do on here. I have never seen anything like this board.

This clown Knows the deal in CVA way more than you do. St Chris is a joke. By the way , how did that DG thing work out for you? Glad hes gone to a little 10 school. And you talk about me complaining ....thats all you guys do on here. I have never seen anything like this board.

You don't have to be here. Nobody's making ya visit!

Reactions: 4 people
So we shouldn't recruit a kid because he plays against weak competition? Yeah, ok

Last edited:
So he's a '14 recruit? If this has been discussed before I'm sorry...

This is what you get if you click on the link:

2015 DB Garrett Taylor was very impressed with what he saw over the weekend at Tennessee's junior day but an offer from Butch Jones was the highlight of the trip.

"I just came back from Tennessee's junior day," he said. "They have a brand new indoor facility that's really great. Their stadium is gigantic. I really liked what Coach Jones was saying about how he is trying to rebuild the program."

"I'm hearing from Virginia, Virginia Tech, Maryland and Stanford," said Taylor. "Brady Hoke from Michigan stopped by the school a few weeks ago. "Hopefully Virginia Tech offers soon," he said. "They asked me to come for their junior day and both Frank and Shane Beamer have come by the school."

Even though it is still early in the recruiting process, Taylor already knows how he is going to choose his school.

"My parents and I have talked about it and the first thing that they need to have is a pre-law program because that's the field I want to go into," Taylor said. "Then we'll look at how interested the coaching staff is and how comfortable my parents are with the coaches. That's important because I want my parents to be comfortable leaving me with them, even if it is far away. The facilities and fan support are also very important."

-Rivals

Sweet, I was hoping you'd return to pick up the troll slack Vol202020 left behind after the ban hammer.

Reactions: 1 person
The more I read about this kid, the more I hope we can be in the running for him next year. Here are some quotes from an ESPN article on him.

Taylor has a budding relationship with Tennessee defensive backs coach Willie Martinez. The two plan to keep in touch. "He wants to keep in contact over the phone over the next couple of weeks," Taylor said. "He wants me to call him."

Another relationship figures to be key into Taylor's recruitment: He has grown close to former Tennessee defensive back coach Derrick Ansley, whom he met at a Tennessee camp last summer. Ansley was hired by Kentucky after Tennessee's coaching change this past season.

"I have a real good relationship with him," Taylor said. "He's been my favorite coach so far. He knows what he's doing. He's really into building relationships. I like him a lot so hopefully I can learn more about Kentucky.

Especially like the following quotes,

"I feel like I'm a real physical corner, being 6-1 and 187," Taylor said. "I feel like I can challenge receivers at the line of scrimmage and have my coach let me shut off half the field and have him worry about the other side.

"I feel like I lock down a receiver. I feel like I'm a ball hawk. I like to make plays on the ball and after I get it, try to do as much as I can afterward."

Taylor intercepted four passes and recorded 24 solo tackles. "After my freshman season, I had a pretty good year. My coaches and I talk about it a lot. Teams are definitely throwing away from me, throwing away from my side of the field.

"Once they do start throwing to my side, I did make plays on the ball. My coaches told me to take advantage of every time they threw my way. I try to do that as much as possible."

Not to be "that" guy but look how our DBs underperformed last year. Guess you could say that about Auburn too though...

VN Store

Back