'15 VA DE/OLB Ricky DeBerry

No quality player is coming here unless it is purely for the love of UT and has nothing to do with this coaching staff.

debby+downer.jpg

Reactions: 5 people
Just got a text from 2015 LB Ricky DeBerry, letting me know that Tennessee is the fifth school to extend him an offer. DeBerry also has offers from Virginia, North Carolina, Purdue and East Carolina. He's quickly becoming one of the hottest prospects in the class of 2015.

He's 6-foot-2, 230 and very athletic and we're looking forward to seeing him at the Rivals/Under Armour camp in Richmond in April.
-Rivals.com

Reactions: 1 person
Son of Fisher Deberry in an attempt to get more black athletes playing for Air Force IMO

On Tuesday, in discussing last weekend's 48-10 loss to TCU, DeBerry said it was clear TCU "had a lot more Afro-American players than we did and they ran a lot faster than we did."

"It just seems to me to be that way," he said. "Afro-American kids can run very well. That doesn't mean that Caucasian kids and other descents can't run, but it's very obvious to me that they run extremely well."

DeBerry first discussed the topic Monday, telling The Gazette of Colorado Springs the academy needed to recruit faster players and noting, "you don't see many minority athletes in our program."

Of the schools that have offered, DeBerry said North Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and Virginia Tech have shown the most interest. DeBerry also said he has been getting consistent interest from Kentucky, Michigan State, and Ole Miss.

“I’m going to Alabama’s spring game on April 20,” said DeBerry. “I’m also visiting Virginia Tech on April 6 and hopefully getting down to Tennessee and UNC soon, too.”

-Scout

Rivals Camp Richmond

14. LB RICKY DEBERRY RICHMOND (VA.) ST. CHRISTOPHER'S, 2015
DeBerry is one of the most well-known sophomores in the country. With almost 20 offers, he could play defensive end of linebacker. He practiced as a linebacker at Saturday's camp and showed that he has the footwork and explosiveness to be a good linebacker. DeBerry is well put together for a sophomore. As he transitions from defensive end to linebacker, he needs to work on his hip flexibility and straight-line speed.

From ESPN. Hope he gets on campus at some point this summer, ideally that weekend of the 21st in July, jmo.

Ricky DeBerry (Richmond, Va./Saint Christopher’s School) has more than 30 offers and is doing his best to see as many teams as he can. He checked out Michigan and Michigan State in April. He visited Oklahoma, Clemson and Georgia in June.

Possibly visiting Penn State the 26th. Also looking to visit Neb and tosu.

This kid goes to my old high school.

He's wide open right now and collecting offers. From what I've heard, schools to watch would be OU, USC, UT, Clemson, and Bama or UGA if either offers. He wants to go out of state so UVA and VT aren't really in it.

I want to stress, WIDE OPEN.

So, I wonder if this kid is a lock to stay in-state, or is he wide open with his recruitment? :p

Sounds like he should be visiting soon.

Tom VanHaaren ‏@TomVH
2015 LB Ricky DeBerry (Richmond, Va.) visited TCU, visiting Baylor now and then Vanderbilt and Tennessee.

Last name contains the name Berry... Plays defense. He is destined for greatness.

Per 247, he is at Vandy today, so he will most likely be here tomorrow or later this evening to conduct a visit tomorrow.

VN Store

Back