Lincolnton, NC
HT: 6' 5"
WT: 265 lbs
40: 4.7
Class of 2015
Scout.com: Roseboro Flips the Switch
Darian Roseboro
Darian Roseboro - Yahoo! Sports
"I have been offered a full ride to Duke and North Carolina and Tennessee, Ohio State, Clemson, North Carolina State, and East Carolina are schools showing interest." He has only visited UNC so far this season and Duke will have him on their campus Saturday, but Ohio State and Tennessee had him on their campus for camps this summer.

"Tennessee was nice. The coaches really know what they are looking for in a player and I liked their campus a lot. They have great facilities and they are building new ones now to make them even better. Scout

2015 Lincolnton (N.C.) defensive end Darian Roseboro said that he was excited about his most recent offer, which came from N.C. State earlier this month. Along with the Wolfpack, he also has offers from Duke and North Carolina. Roseboro has visited the Wolfpack and South Carolina this month and said he really enjoyed both visits. Next up will be a trip to Georgia this weekend, then Michigan and Alabama this summer. The 6-foot-5, 265-pound Roseboro said he thought Georgia and Tennessee could be the next schools to offer.

-scout

Said he expects Tennessee to offer soon and is getting a bunch of interest from SEC, ACC, & Big Ten schools

View attachment 49884
Defensive End
Lincolnton HS
Lincolnton, NC
HT: 6' 5"
WT: 265 lbs
40: 4.7
Class of 2015
Scout.com: Roseboro Flips the Switch
Darian Roseboro
Darian Roseboro - Yahoo! Sports
"I have been offered a full ride to Duke and North Carolina and Tennessee, Ohio State, Clemson, North Carolina State, and East Carolina are schools showing interest." He has only visited UNC so far this season and Duke will have him on their campus Saturday, but Ohio State and Tennessee had him on their campus for camps this summer.

"Tennessee was nice. The coaches really know what they are looking for in a player and I liked their campus a lot. They have great facilities and they are building new ones now to make them even better. Scout

Carl Pickens son

“First of all, Tennessee has an amazing coaching staff,” he said. “The defensive line coach, Steve Stripling, recruits my area and he is all about family. I really like that. At Tennessee, they are really a program on the rise. They are doing a great job of bringing players in a showcasing what they have to offer.

“I really had a great experience at Tennessee. There are great people there and you can tell that football is a religion. There are great fans at it was great to see what they had to offer, not just on the field, but off the field too. They showed me the area and all around campus. I really got good a good feel for things. I was really impressed with Tennessee.”

“Right now I am pretty open,” he said. “I am trying to keep an opening mind and I am interested in anyone that is interested in me. I need to visit a place or at least get to know the coaching staff before I am able to cross a school off my list. It wouldn’t be fair to overlook anyone.”

“The most important thing for me is a family environment. I want to feel I can be successful on and off the field. The defensive scheme really doesn’t matter to me, but I want to go somewhere I can fit in and be successful. I want to have a chance to play early. The depth chart doesn’t have to be small, but I want to opportunity to compete and earn time.

“I am going to graduate high school early and early enroll in college. That way I can participate in spring practice and get adjusted to school before football season starts. I think that will give me a head start at football on the next level.”

-scout

Soph yr had 107 tackles, 30 tackles for loss, eight sacks, four forced fumbles, and four fumble recoveries. Runs a 4.7 40

Reactions: 8 people
Good article on him:

LHSFootball_6-3-13.jpg

Cloninger said Roseboro will again be a major force for the Wolves on defense, and will likely see time in the offensive backfield as well.
“He’s going to be the main strength on the defense for us,” he said. “We expect him to be one of our leaders. And he will be — the team will listen to him and follow him and look up to him. His best thing on offense is to be a kind of blocker. He’ll be able to run the ball a little bit and catch the ball a time or two but he’s going to seal the corners and do things like that for us.”
Cloninger said Roseboro has been doing exactly what he needs to do in the weight room.
“He’s doing everything we’re asking him to do,” he said. “He’s working hard in the weight room. In his position, he has to keep his head on his shoulders. When you’re 16 and you’re getting all this attention, if you’re not careful things can go to your head. But he’s handling it real well. We’ve told him that right now he has no pressure. Everybody is his best friend. There are people who can come in here and promise him the world.”
Roseboro has already had scholarship offers from numerous schools, including every Atlantic Coast Conference school in North Carolina, University of Virginia, Clemson, East Carolina and Michigan. He’s planning a trip to Notre Dame this summer and Cloninger predicts many more will be coming in.
“Darian is getting a lot of attention right now, but it’s the assistant coaches coming through,” he said. “As he gets closer to graduation the big guys will start coming through. He’s got plenty of time to make a decision. Our comment to him is to keep his mind open. He still has a long process to go through.”
All eyes on Roseboro | Lincoln Times-News

Last edited:
Tennessee - “Its very nice. Their new facilities are amazing. I’ve built a good relationship with their new staff.”

The nation’s No. 165 overall prospect in the 2015 class, according to 247Sports, went to Tennessee, South Carolina, Georgia, Auburn, North Carolina State, Duke and North Carolina this summer.

The article was really just an overall update on his recruitment, not too much specific to UT. He said that he is hearing interest from Bama, Oregon, Cincinnati, and Nebraska. His offer list is pretty impressive already, and it should continue to grow with more big offers, and this is probably why:

As a sophomore, Roseboro collected 108 tackles, 30 tackles for a loss, eight sacks, four forced fumbles and three pass breakups. He added four yards rushing and eight touchdowns on offense.

The article was really just an overall update on his recruitment, not too much specific to UT. He said that he is hearing interest from Bama, Oregon, Cincinnati, and Nebraska. His offer list is pretty impressive already, and it should continue to grow with more big offers, and this is probably why:
what was the order of his top 5? tweet said it was in order

Reactions: 1 person
This kids lives like a mile from us and our neighbor is really good friends with him (They both play defense). He kept saying his friend Darian was being majorly recruited and I thought it was just kids bragging. I looked it up for him once on rivals and it didn't show. After talking with both of them I tried again and didn't think to look at 2015. Kid looks like he should have already graduated.

I know, I know... cool story bro.

“i was pretty impressed. They bring a great crowd[.] they’ve got a great fan base and real good coaches and a good program, and i was really impressed with it. I heard the fan base was crazy, but i really didn’t get to see that until i got there (saturday),” said roseboro, who already has received more than a dozen scholarship offers, including one from tennessee."

“the defense played a heck of a game, and (freshman wide receiver) marquez north played a real good game, and the offensive line had a real good game blocking (south carolina defensive end jadeveon) clowney and making big-time plays when needed.”

“i like the coaching staff. Their program’s back on the rise, and i was very impressed with it. I really like tennessee. I was very impressed by tennessee’s coaching staff and the fan base. I was really impressed.”

“i’m definitely going to get up there in the spring,” he said, “and hopefully i can get down there toward the summer, too.”

Reactions: 6 people
Roseboro said that he wants to make a decision sometime during the middle or at the beginning of his senior season. He said that he hopes to have a top 5 by the end of this season or near spring. He said that playing time is important, but he also said that he is looking for a family atmosphere:

“(I want) a place that’s family-oriented, family-based — somewhere you know it’s all about family.”

Getting a foothold again in NC would be absolutely huge for this program. It sure seems like the staff is doing a good job of getting some of those guys on campus. Thig also has some strong ties to that state.

There is a 2016 NC QB at East Lincolnton name is Chazz Surratt I like to see the Vols look at.As a FR he helped lead his team to a state championship 1800 yards of offense.Offers from Clemson,UNC,and NC State.Hopefully UT can start getting more kids from NC since they go out of state most of the time.

VN Store

Back