'14 GA QB Deshaun Watson (Clemson Commit)

MiramarVol

Sanctified Vol
912273.jpg

Ht: 6-2.5 Wt: 176 40: 4.65
Position: QB
Year: Class of 2014
High School: Gainesville HS
(Gainesville, GA)

Scout.com: Deshaun Watson Profile
DeShaun Watson - Yahoo! Sports
Deshaun Watson
Player of the week Deshaun Watson Gainesville QB - YouTube

He accounted for over 4300 yds and 57 TD's this season as a SOPH. One of the top SOPH in the country. He had over 3000 yds passing and over 1000 yds rushing.

Clemson & UCF have offered. He has interest from Tennessee, UF,Bama, & Vandy.

Same High School as AJ Johnson. Thought I'd throw that in there.

He is awesome. He got the Red Elephants to the semis as a Sophomore. Great athlete.

2014 is the year of the Berry twins as well

2014 has the potential to be a great, and I mean great class for us. There's a lot of young talent in that class that has there eyes on the Vols. The progress we show over the next two seasons will be telling.

2014 has the potential to be a great, and I mean great class for us. There's a lot of young talent in that class that has there eyes on the Vols. The progress we show over the next two seasons will be telling.

Yep Todd Kelly Jr., Akeem Cooperwood, Berry Twins, the list goes on and on. Can't wait till that recruiting season.

That '14 recruiting season could be very nerve racking because of all the schools that are already after Kelly, Cooperwood, and Berry's. Much less the others that we will be in on also. It's going to be a wild ride, and exciting if we win the next 2 years.

Yep Todd Kelly Jr., Akeem Cooperwood, Berry Twins, the list goes on and on. Can't wait till that recruiting season.

its not fair for akeem to be playing high school ball right now.. i'm afraid he's seriously going to hurt somebody.. so i suggest we let him start playing college ball immediately... what a hoss!

2013 will be Dooley's biggest recruiting challenge. It will be keeping Bray, Hunter, Rogers and any other player that might even think about leaving early for the NFL (not saying they will). We need to have a great season in 13 so we can have 4 maybe more 5* players come in and be completely back. Us getting back on top will truely depend on if player go pro next year and leave UT nafter next year.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

At the rate he's developing (due to injuries and lack of significant playing time his freshman year) I think Bray may be best served with 2 more years. Barkley and Wilson will probably be better prospects next year (at least) so waiting another year with good talent would probably help Tyler's draft stock.

I think Hunter will need two years to prove to the pro scouts he has fully bounced back.

Da'Rick had over 1000 yards this season and played half the year with no qb, and damn near the whole season with defenses focusing on him. The only thing that will cause him to not go in the top 15 picks is his attitude.

If Tyler has the kind of season he is capable of, barring no injuries to himself and to the wr's around him, he is one of the first 3 qb's taken.

Justin might have to stick around his senior year if he doesn't bounce back 100% from injury, but we all know what he is capable of.

Playing the devil's advocate: All three have the talent to go early. All three have questions left before going early.

Bray is not physically developed yet. He has not proven he can manage a whole offense, beat a quality team, or play a quality D without making bad throws/turnovers.

Hunter is still too thin. He has not proven he can play heavier. Some players never completely come back from knee injuries. What he was great at requires that he does.

Rogers drops waaaay too many catchable balls. He has not shown elite speed. He takes plays off and does not block well at all.

If these guys work hard, all of these things can be overcome. Maybe scouts would ignore them. But they have weaknesses that could concern NFL decisionmakers.

Reactions: 1 person
Playing the devil's advocate: All three have the talent to go early. All three have questions left before going early.

Bray is not physically developed yet. He has not proven he can manage a whole offense, beat a quality team, or play a quality D without making bad throws/turnovers.

Hunter is still too thin. He has not proven he can play heavier. Some players never completely come back from knee injuries. What he was great at requires that he does.

Rogers drops waaaay too many catchable balls. He has not shown elite speed. He takes plays off and does not block well at all.

If these guys work hard, all of these things can be overcome. Maybe scouts would ignore them. But they have weaknesses that could concern NFL decisionmakers.
Spot on. Some people really overrate our players but you hit the nail on the head. Darick specifically is not near a first round talent yet.

VN Store

Back