Katy, Texas
Katy
Ht:6'2"
Wt:200 lbs
40:4.5 secs
Bench Max:315
Squat Max:445
Class:2013 (High School)

I don't know if Tennessee has offered this kid but he is one that I think could be a real steal. He got hurt last year... acl. From what I heard he did really well at LSU's camp but LSU has not taken his commit yet.

He really wants to come to LSU but two factors against him 1.) injury 2.) LSU might not have room for a RB this year.

If he recovers fully, could be a excellent pickup. I feel kind of bad for the kid.

I played high school football in Texas for a couple of years, Katy High School's a powerhouse in that state

Adam Taylor - Yahoo! Sports

Scout.com: Adam Taylor Profile

ADAM TAYLOR
Running Back
Katy, Texas
Katy

I don't know if Tennessee has offered this kid but he is one that I think could be a real steal. He got hurt last year... acl. From what I heard he did really well at LSU's camp but LSU has not taken his commit yet.

He really wants to come to LSU but two factors against him 1.) injury 2.) LSU might not have room for a RB this year.

If he recovers fully, could be a excellent pickup. I feel kind of bad for the kid.

According to his rivals profile we haven't offered but this kids got a pretty solid offer list so far.

Adam Taylor - Yahoo! Sports

Scout.com: Adam Taylor Profile

ADAM TAYLOR
Running Back
Katy, Texas
Katy

Thx man!

No problem. He is committed to LSU but he doesn't have a offer they will take at the present time. I like him, runs a little stiiff and upright, reminds me of Keiland Williams. Seems to have good power but not quite the speed as what Williams had.

He would be a top 10 back if he had not been injured. I don't think LSU will take him due to the whole situation, could be a real good player for some team.

No problem. He is committed to LSU but he doesn't have a offer they will take at the present time. I like him, runs a little stiiff and upright, reminds me of Keiland Williams. Seems to have good power but not quite the speed as what Williams had.

He would be a top 10 back if he had not been injured. I don't think LSU will take him due to the whole situation, could be a real good player for some team.

That second sentence confuses me..

Post more often SIU. You lurk too much these days. Lol

That second sentence confuses me..

Ah,yes, LSU has offered him but they have not taken his commitment. Basically, the kid committed to LSU but LSU wanted him to come to camp to evaluate his progress, which he has done but LSU has not made his offer commit-able as of yet.

A school could offer 60 players but they can't sign 60 players even if 60 players have an offer and want to come.

LSU wants him but the situation might not warrant a spot at this time.

@The Breakerboy
Thanks man, will due. :)

Ah,yes, LSU has offered him but they have not taken his commitment. Basically, the kid committed to LSU but LSU wanted him to come to camp to evaluate his progress, which he has done but LSU has not made his offer commit-able as of yet.

A school could offer 60 players but they can't sign 60 players even if 60 players have an offer and want to come.

LSU wants him but the situation might not warrant a spot at this time.

@The Breakerboy
Thanks man, will due. :)

This is so annoying about the whole recruiting process. All the schools do it now. They should come up with a new term, because to me, if you give me an "offer" for a scholarship, that should mean I can "accept" it right now. These non-commitable offers are basically like an invitation to camp right?

This is so annoying about the whole recruiting process. All the schools do it now. They should come up with a new term, because to me, if you give me an "offer" for a scholarship, that should mean I can "accept" it right now. These non-commitable offers are basically like an invitation to camp right?

Neither the school or the player is bound by a written or verbal "offer" or "commitment" to an offer. Trust me, in this case it's better to not take the "commitment" than to wait till signing or even later to tell him he doesn't have a spot.

I don't like the process at all. In the end, an "offer" just like a commitment really doesn't mean anything until signing day or the player enrolls. (generally)

Just remember, like I said, if you only offered 25 guys, well you'll be lucky to get 10 of them, what to do? You basically have to offer 50-100 guys. I think the whole NCAA thing is a scam so I am in agreement with your comment or tone of your comments.

In the case of Adam Taylor, LSU is still unsure, also limited spots this year especially at RB which LSU was not even going to take 1. Next year La. is going to have quite a few good RBs for the 2014 class.

Either way Adam Taylor could be a good pickup for some other team.

Last edited:
Looks like he is fully recovered from injury. Had 183 yds. and 5 tds this last week. I would say probably not going to get a commitable offer from LSU, hear he is planning a visit to OU.

A solid 4-star player would probably be a top 10 back if not for the injury.

I would be gun shy after how Lane turned out and the mental issues he had after his inuries. Lane was a top notch back we thought we "stole" because he had an injury and flew under the radar.

Obviously could be wrong, but UT has been burned here before. And who know, maybe Lane will turn out to be all conference, just not seeing anything yet.

I would be gun shy after how Lane turned out and the mental issues he had after his inuries. Lane was a top notch back we thought we "stole" because he had an injury and flew under the radar.

Obviously could be wrong, but UT has been burned here before. And who know, maybe Lane will turn out to be all conference, just not seeing anything yet.

Lane needs more touches. Just needs to hold on to the ball. He's our best natural runner.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back